Mag box or firestick

Currently have iptv on smart tv app on LG tv and also Plex app . Both have proved unreliable over last 12 months .

I use family members sky go and bt sport mainly but I want iptv for sat 3pm games , 11 sports and boxing ppv . Also access to latest films etc but had enough of Plex .

Got a few suppliers friend use without issues so not worried about that just wondered if best to get a mag box or a fire stick ?

Previously had zgemmas etc but sold these on when sky lines went .

I know a few that have the 254 and the 256, and they all say how much they like them, even though they are a bit out dated now.

Last edited:
A magbox will do exactly what you are asking with the right sub but do you have a netflix account? Amazon prime? I would go for a firestick. The firestick offers a lot more too with loads of different apps and games etc.

It depends what you want it to do.

Currently have iptv on smart tv app on LG tv and also Plex app . Both have proved unreliable over last 12 months .

I use family members sky go and bt sport mainly but I want iptv for sat 3pm games , 11 sports and boxing ppv . Also access to latest films etc but had enough of Plex .

Got a few suppliers friend use without issues so not worried about that just wondered if best to get a mag box or a fire stick ?

Previously had zgemmas etc but sold these on when sky lines went .
Save yourself a few quid and use smartSTB on your LG its a decent little app. If its a dedicated STB you want go with a Mag less faff than a Firestick plus you have it hard wired.

Never got into the firesticks, I gave a few of the old ones away, a few months ago, and only last week I sold 2 2nd gens £25 for the pair, I put them in Gumtree and less than 40 mins later there was a girl at the door to take them of my hands, rather go with a good quality Android box myself.

Ease of use mag.. versatility, and the fact a 4k stick is due out very soon.
Tricky decision. Try a stick if it's not what you think. Return it..
Mag 322 with a good provider is exceptional.

Had 322 almost a year. Issues yes, but informir got it right eventually...
There again my 2nd gen stick runs perfect in the kitchen, and bedroom..
I am home next week, so release of new 4k stick is inviting. But will wait for prime black Friday offers

Back