mag boxes

All depends what you get for your £260 really doesn't it??

There is some fantastic providers out there who charge £120-£140 which includes VOD plus the cost of supplying and setting up the box?
Doesn't sound a complete rip off to me.

At £55 I'll be interesting to see the longevity and stability of your subscriptions [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All depends what you get for your £260 really doesn't it??

There is some fantastic providers out there who charge £120-£140 which includes VOD plus the cost of supplying and setting up the box?
Doesn't sound a complete rip off to me.

At £55 I'll be interesting to see the longevity and stability of your subscriptions [emoji23][emoji23]

Took the words from my mouth

Used these boxes for over 4 years now. The setting up of the box is simple, add the URL provided and the magic happens from the server end. No fuss and very easy to do, so anyone thinking of paying someone to set the box up is throwing £20 notes away as its that simple.
There are also many good providers now for a lot less than the prices being quoted on here.

Gotta no where to look Garyth
People cba these days

Very true, but we cant wipe their ars# all day mate, they need to shop around. Personally I'm using someone who has just started up and only adding x amount for the sake of quality being maintained. Services I have used over the last 3 years have been fine but prices had risen steadily as c/s game was still alive. Now that there will be more to choose from the price will drop just like a connection for sat or vm has.

Scenario ;

My 75 year old neighbour who's sky box is no longing working for his sports channels

He points out that Dave from the local satellite shop is selling mag boxes complete with installation and a 12 month line for £260 with VOD content of over 5000 movies on demand.

I'd say go for it, Dave is your point of call if and when things go wrong (if they do)

Or I could say join Techkings as you will get all the information to do it yourself and save £100

I don't think it's a case of people can't be arsed looking, every situation is different

For me £260 is expensive
For my neighbour is a bargain [emoji6]

Scenario ;

My 75 year old neighbour who's sky box is no longing working for his sports channels

He points out that Dave from the local satellite shop is selling mag boxes complete with installation and a 12 month line for £260 with VOD content of over 5000 movies on demand.

I'd say go for it, Dave is your point of call if and when things go wrong (if they do)

Or I could say join Techkings as you will get all the information to do it yourself and save £100

I don't think it's a case of people can't be arsed looking, every situation is different

For me £260 is expensive
For my neighbour is a bargain [emoji6]

76 year old should save there pension.
Dave will do a runner and the neighbour will still come mocking for mr dangerous to fix there box.

You say Dave is the go to man chances are he's a reseller so your still hooded if it goes off.

By doing it yourself you can work out a reseller from a server owner if you do some homework

76 year old should save there pension.
Dave will do a runner and the neighbour will still come mocking for mr dangerous to fix there box.

You say Dave is the go to man chances are he's a reseller so your still hooded if it goes off.

By doing it yourself you can work out a reseller from a server owner if you do some homework

Fortunately my neighbour is getting some assistance from me, so Dave is free to rip people off [emoji23]

Hi guys due to the state of the sly channels going off on my zgemma box - I'm thinking about going down the iptv route would you recommend the mag box for iptv or is there another box better for streaming the iptv.the main reason is for sly sports and the ppv events I watch a lot of sport.i do have the iptv on my zgemma but it's not that good to be honest.

Hi all' Getting back to the original question, are mag the best for iptv and more importantly is iptv a real alternative to slytv or do you keep a basic sub plus iptv ?

Try the mag box 256, I've just picked one up, it's quite impressive, miles quicker than an E2 receiver.
Iptv will never be as good as broadcasting but yes it's an alternative if you don't have cable.

Try the mag box 256, I've just picked one up, it's quite impressive, miles quicker than an E2 receiver.
Iptv will never be as good as broadcasting but yes it's an alternative if you don't have cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/Q

i have cable m8 through virgin and its fibre optic

As long as your broadband is stable iptv will work on any broadband provider. There seems to be some debate over download speed but over 10 mb would be best.

If you want to test your broadband quality, g00gle broadband quality monitoring tool. Use it and gasp in disbelief at how crap VM really is [emoji23][emoji23]

(Depends where you are in the country)

As long as your broadband is stable iptv will work on any broadband provider. There seems to be some debate over download speed but over 10 mb would be best.

If you want to test your broadband quality, g00gle broadband quality monitoring tool. Use it and gasp in disbelief at how crap VM really is [emoji23][emoji23]

(Depends where you are in the country)

i currently have a zgemma with iptv on that but no epg and no recording facility,i just want some advice for the best set up,whats the difference between getting a mag box or being set up throug vigin.do i still need some other box for virgin,,im confused sorry for being thick

The mag box runs it better than the zgemma
Depends on your supplier as to what epg you will get. Most offer now and next. Which should be adequate.
Recording is down to your supplier again. You might need to get multiroom, which will cost you more money.

If you have VM then make use of the full HD package available and use iptv for your 3pm kick offs etc.

Depends on your supplier as to what epg you will get. Most offer now and next. Which should be adequate.
Recording is down to your supplier again. You might need to get multiroom, which will cost you more money.

If you have VM then make use of the full HD package available and use iptv for your 3pm kick offs etc.

cheers m8 I need to think about things b4 i take the plunge lol there's that many different boxes,does the mag bog connection come through the dish or the router?

or dont get a box at all and download smartiptv app ;)

I downloaded SMARTIPTV to my Sony Android TV. Had a devil of a job locating channel lists.
Found one or two sport feeds in amongst the rubbish. None of them were a patch on my current Xtream IPTV provider running on H2S. Nor was the overall experience.
And im not sure the TV was to blame, as it runs KODI like lightning.

Think a Mag 254 from my provider may be the way to go.

I downloaded SMARTIPTV to my Sony Android TV. Had a devil of a job locating channel lists.
Found one or two sport feeds in amongst the rubbish. None of them were a patch on my current Xtream IPTV provider running on H2S. Nor was the overall experience.
And im not sure the TV was to blame, as it runs KODI like lightning.

Think a Mag 254 from my provider may be the way to go.

I've got a mag 250, never had any issues with it very good EPG m8

Back