Mag254w2/256w1 difference in Wi-Fi performance

toasting

I have just purchased the 256, the 254 I have had for a few months. Setting up the 256 I connected to my routers 2.4Ghz wireless and did a speed test in the inner portal and got 30Mbps on the test. I then disconnected the 256 and connected the 254 to the same network and got 42Mbps I ran this test numerous times and always got the same results (a difference of at least 10Mbps each time) Has anyone else noticed results similar to this?

I'm on 70 mb bb my router is upstairs and box downstairs and all I'm getting is just over 1mb either on 2.4 or 5ghz.
Can't watch anything. It just keep freezing, just got my first test line because I've just got the box but not impressed.
Can't run Ethernet cable tried but attic full and tiny

hi brenmc cant you use homeplugs to solve the problem?
Hi Jensen,
That's what I ended up doing.
Bought set in Argos wanted the tp links 1000 mb but they sold out.
Ended up getting a pair of BT 600 mb ones. Seem ok so far but cant watch hd channels though cos it freezes wonder if i had got the tp link ones would it solve the problem

My sons room has very poor wifi signal, i got him the homeplugs tp-link 1200mbps. Hes not had a problem with signal on his playstation/ xbox/ android box since

We have tplink ac1300 home plugs at our house as our son is a game. We only pay for 40mb internet now (upgraded to 200mb this week) but he gets well over 30mb most often 36mb up stairs via the Ethernet ports and it also extends the wifi and we get over 36mn most times.

Back