Massive hdd problem still whooshbuild

can you tell us again please,you have a powered externally a hdd plugged into rear usb port on box,hdd iniatilised to ext 3/4,also correct path is used when setting recordings-media hdd?

when you power off box do you just click on remote to off? if power is switched off does it unmount hdd?

any other usb on box?

Hi all here's an update still pulling my hair out what by ive got.i have now reformatted hdd with gparted,put it back to ntfs . Connected to h2s again gone through whooshbuild setup from start to finish. So now hdd initialised. Recorded a couple of programs ok.NOT AUTO TIMER .JUST TIMER FOR RECORDINGS.Day 2 tried same again.box came up with write error disc full.when you press file location to view recordings some times there sometimes not.what I have noticed is disc space size on file location is 64mb which is telling me it's trying to record to internal memory of box hence disc full error.if I then switch off box then hdd then power both back on recording re-appears and disc space size corrects to 465gb hence about right for a 500gb hard drive.i read some where about someone having simular issues with another build and they went to menu,setup,recording setting changed location from hdd to internal flash.restarted then back into settings change back to hdd and restart because box was stuck on internal flash even though it said hdd.problem is when you go into recording settings in whooshbuild it's set to hdd/movie and you can't change not on mine anyway.also I noticed sometimes when I reflash box with whooshbuild and don't backup setting on purpose when I flash box my settings are still there eg line, tv region ect like it's save them anyway .really weird any help please. also some recording stopped half way through.i think the box keeps looking to record to internal flash instead of hdd put I can't correct.sorry if I repeated myself. ANY IDEAS WHOOSHMAN PLEASE HELP IT'S MAKING ME LOOSE SLEEP NOW. LOL

have a look here
press menu
setup
recordings & timeshift
recording settings

scroll down until you see
disk space to reserve for recordings (in GB) this is set at 40gb By default
change it to the size of your HD e.g 500GB

see if that works

only thing i could not change on mine was the default movie location /media/hdd/movie/ ?
is this the location on the zgemma sat box where it records ?

Hi latest update on recording issues.this is weird tried to flash openatv 5.3 nightly.instead of flash it said usb then upto. When finished rebooted and whooshbuild still there.formated stick then put openvix latest image it flashed ok.ithen then formatted hdd with gparted to fat32.then did a full whooshbuild start to finish.word by word.missus recorded a couple of soaps.watch first one went onto second then part way through viewing stopped gave me the error message record failed disc full.then box crashes.back to square one.now abandoned hdd.using 16gb memory stick for recording another flash from start to finish.see what happens now.

If the display shows USB you need to press the front power button to start the flash.
Have you tried formatting the hdd to Ext4 on PC witn Minitool Partition Wizard? It works every time for me and no initialising on the box needed.

Thanks for the power button tip.regarding the hard drives the 1tb one can't be reached with any tool not even gparted.the 500gb one is now formatted back to ntfs with gparted.but I think there is still an issue when I connect and initialised with box even converting to ext 4 I tried all that still getting errors when recording and crashing box.will run on 16gb stick for now and if it goes alright I will get 128gb stick from pc world they £19 .99 with 5 year warranty to many fake ones on fleabay.128gb should be big enough.my hdd where purchased on fleabay used so may have issues when I go

Hi, did you get this issue sorted as I am having the same issue I get hard disc full trying to record. I have formatted on Pc initialise it on box done the swap file set to 256MB and tried to record I get disc full error which I believe fat32 gives you? I have not got it formatted to fat32. So it is like it is trying to record to internal memory instead of my 500GB external hard drive. The locations seem right media/HDD, what ever it states it does not let me change it I know that. I am wondering if initialising it is giving me the problem? It sees the hard drive mounts ok creates swap file ok, Just failed to record I get disc full straight away trying to record?

Shutdown the box and remove all usb devices connected to the box. Turn the box on with noting attached.
Once booted, plug in the external drive and give it 10 second to be detected.

Red button -> Plugins -> Mount management - check the mount name. If it says media/hdd then that bit is fine. If it doesn't, press the green button and on the next screen use the left button to change the mount name remembering to save once done.

Once the above is set correctly, if you still cannot record due to disc full message you will need to reset the timeshift and recording paths.

Menu -> Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Timeshift settings
Highlight Timeshift Location -> Press OK button
<List of storage devices> and press OK button
Now highlight your USB device from the list. You will see "Internal flash" and another device. It is the other device your need to highlight. Then press OK button. (mine is called "Storage Device")

1_0_19_521c_812_2_11a0000_0_0_0-5-jpg.15900

Highlight timeshift and then press the Green Button
1_0_19_521c_812_2_11a0000_0_0_0-6-jpg.15901

Your timeshift location should now be /media/hdd/timeshift.

Do the same for the Recording location.

Shutdown the box and remove all usb devices connected to the box. Turn the box on with noting attached.
Once booted, plug in the external drive and give it 10 second to be detected.

Red button -> Plugins -> Mount management - check the mount name. If it says media/hdd then that bit is fine. If it doesn't, press the green button and on the next screen use the left button to change the mount name remembering to save once done.

Once the above is set correctly, if you still cannot record due to disc full message you will need to reset the timeshift and recording paths.

Menu -> Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Timeshift settings
Highlight Timeshift Location -> Press OK button
<List of storage devices> and press OK button
Now highlight your USB device from the list. You will see "Internal flash" and another device. It is the other device your need to highlight. Then press OK button. (mine is called "Storage Device")

1_0_19_521c_812_2_11a0000_0_0_0-5-jpg.15900

Highlight timeshift and then press the Green Button
1_0_19_521c_812_2_11a0000_0_0_0-6-jpg.15901

Your timeshift location should now be /media/hdd/timeshift.

Do the same for the Recording location.
Wow can i say i done it i think and i have done something like this i had to re-direct the paths :) I have messed up my file list location though in the process but I can find my recordings in my bookmarks as I relocated it from the default by mistake...but least it works thanks for the help :)

hi update....Did set two recordings off the same channel anyway checked the first recording and it was not there and even the second one did not start?
So I have just started the recording well an hour ago and I got about 5 minutes of recording it had stopped!

Also seem to be having the same issue. All worked fine since October and issues started last week - using the Sucmnsee image. Tried to Set up a USB Memory Stick to take care of the EPG and Timeshift. HDD worked fine for a few days and now stopped again. Recordings randomly work and then don't. Device just unmounts when it feels like. Tried to re initialise via zgemma and reformat using PC with no luck. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks.

I have the same problem, after a while the H2S is saying the Hard drive is full, i have had this issue on about 10 boxes. When you go to mount manager, it says no mount, so i remount, to hdd/media reboot, look again still says no mount. So i initialize disc again, everything is then fine, till it happens again. Very annoying, never had any issues with 64GB USB sticks.
Any help much appreciated. BTW using 500GB hitachi HDD. TIA

Guys I heard there was a glitch in it but I wanted to say I uploaded the wooshbuild and it set it up all for me records no problem and also the planner looks spot on can not fault it up to now anyway.

can someone help me please, since changing to skynew skin image 6.0.0 version 1.004 whooshbuild my external hard drive is not detected in Vix mount manager using zgemma H.2H. Before it was initialised to EXT 4 and detected in mount manager and I could record to it ??

Same problem. Was working fine, now tells me no disk space. I've reinitialised - twice - which supposedly wipes the disk clean, still nothing.

Is this the Zgemma box? Or the Toshiba hard drive?

Same problem. Was working fine, now tells me no disk space. I've reinitialised - twice - which supposedly wipes the disk clean, still nothing.

Is this the Zgemma box? Or the Toshiba hard drive?
Do you have a USB stick you can try instead for a while? You can compare results.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Sure its just file path not right i had issues when not adding the hdd when flashing but added later which caused issues even with correct path

Think i may have a solution, i dont think their is enough power, especially for the 7600rpm drives. Use a double cable, you will need an extension, and connect to a usb plug, an old phone plug will do, connect to mains, hopefully this will cure it

if you have a usb stick and hdd in use check path and names match as my 8gb usb said it was 1tb and internal 1tb said it was 8gb.
any storage devices in use should be detected to be seen and mounted and best to use externally powered ones.

dont insert or remove usb devices or cables while boxes are powered on!

Back