Matching Picons to IPTV Channels (ENIGMA2)

Hi all,

I am running IPTV on my engima2 box. I have the Picons set up and they work fine on normal sat list. Only some of them show in the IPTV channel list and I am wondering how it knows which Picons to use for each IPTV Channel in the list? I don't really know much about how the Picons are assigned to a channel all I know is the location they are stored etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

theres a download floating around here called dsayers picons, or something along those lines, it deletes old picons and updates them for new ones.

theres a download floating around here called dsayers picons, or something along those lines, it deletes old picons and updates them for new ones.
What does that do though? Like what picons does it update? The issue is that some of the picons arent working with most the IPTV channels. I don't know how it pairs up a picon with a channel.

From what I understand it depends how channels are named by provider, if the channels are named exactly as sly they could get snp picons, if there is any slight difference in name they would have to be Srp picons and a service reference code would have to be used.

It will delete all old picons from the box and download a list of new picons and assign them to your box. There's two types snp picons and Srp picons updated.

Hi I also am trying to do this, I'm using the SRP picons from download pluggins & just my Freeview sat channels display the picons, I tried adding more picons but adding the full name of my providers channels but I can enter the full name because it won't input the : in the text ie UK: Sky One. How would I get round this?

Hi I also am trying to do this, I'm using the SRP picons from download pluggins & just my Freeview sat channels display the picons, I tried adding more picons but adding the full name of my providers channels but I can enter the full name because it won't input the : in the text ie UK: Sky One. How would I get round this?

You need to use snp picons if you using the channel name.
Srp picons need the channel reference.

Is that another pluggin or do I need to activate another setting somewhere within the operating system?

You need to use snp picons if you using the channel name.
Srp picons need the channel reference.
Your channel whether via Sat or IPTV will have a channel reference e.g. BBC 1 HD is 1:0:19:1B1D:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0

The actual picon should be called 1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0

Picons generally are placed into /usr/share/enigma2/picon folder. Personally, I have them instead on a USB stick so I need to create a symlink to this folder as otherwise I dont have enough space in the original folder so would use putty to run a command such as ln -s /media/hdd/XPicons/picon /picon and this would enable the box to look at the USB stick rather than the /picon folder (this is the same as /usr/share/enigma2/picon).

IPTV providers generally have their own channel ref so unless they provide their own picons, you would need to create them yourself and match the IDs

Last edited:
Back