Megane Engine vibration?

miktal

Hi,

Was hoping someone could help advise on a vibration problem and starting issues I`m having with my 2005 1.5dci Megane.

The vibration is intermittent, but mainly in the morning. Most times it purrs like a kitten, others a vibration felt on the steering wheel and pedals. Its been suggested that its an engine mount problem (top), if so what can I expect to pay to have it fixed?

Also sometimes the car starts first time, others it takes two or three attempts. Fuel pump maybe?

Thanks in advance

is this a diesel or petrol model? does it vibrate at an idle,and what happens to the vibration when you raise the rpms some? and guys,please note this canuk said petrol so as not to confuse.lol

Hi, thanks for the reply

It is a diesel car 96k miles. Yes it does vibrate on idle, mainly in the morning but intermittently through the day, although this does not affect its performance. When I raise the rpm, it doesn't vibrate. I do hear a muffled sound when driving though.

this does sound like engine vibration,although its not absolute since i cant see it for myself.it could be something like a bad injector or low cold compression in one cylinder.if you have a tachometer note the rpms when first started and vibrating and again when it smooths out and post them here.

Back