mg cfg problem

biff2005

TK Veteran
Zgemma H.2H

right here goes

i have a working line, this has been tested by another member
i downloaded dsayers mg_cfg file and loaded this to my box works ok

but now does not work,

i reinstalled the softcam ipk and started mgcamd 1.38 now its working again ??

dont know why this is doing it but my box is some how changing the mg_cfg file every other day and channels do not work, and have to go and config the file again.

once done it should be ok question would be at night are you powering off box and when switched on cam is not restarted?

show softcam panel in menu yes
start mode python cam default
start attempts 5
time start between attempt (sec) 5
stop check when cam running no
frozen cam check off
wait for cam 2 5 seconds

It does happen, mgcamd freezes & you have to restart cam, sometimes if you are starting up the box the cam won't start, or takes a while. Usually changing mg.cfg sorts it but not always. There is a newer version of mgcamd 1.45, I only use oscam , but tried mgcamd 1.45 on openvix for a while with no issue

You cfg file will only change if someone physically changes it. Have you any ports open on your router?

I'd have no doubt that it's the cam that's issue, as said in post mg.cfg files can't alter themselves, a few years back , there were posts re mgcamd freezing or not starting properly all over forums. mgcamd & cccam aren't as well supported as oscam, while you would have for example mgcsmd 1.35 &1.38 &1.45
there would also be revisions issued within, the 1st 2 anyway, which leaves a few available versions if you get my meaning. Open vix added the frozen cam check, which was at one stage blamed by some for freezing, not the case, I see from one of your posts, it's disabled for you, you could try restarting it& see what logs throw up. Oscam is a better option imo anyway, takes a bit of tinkering sometimes, but worth the effort in the end

thx for all input.. it seems to be working ok for now
done a backup of settings and image just incase..

Hi @biff2005 - What did you do to resolve this? I have a similar issue with my mgcamd freezing on a regular basis? Using Mgcamd 1.38 on Dsayers H2H image

you can remove and replace the softcam and if that doesn't work, why not change the line to a C line and use CCcam2.3.0 softcam to open it?

Hi @biff2005 - What did you do to resolve this? I have a similar issue with my mgcamd freezing on a regular basis? Using Mgcamd 1.38 on Dsayers H2H image
Could be provider not using enough locals and too many shares or maybe vm signal issues how is FTA channels 1 to 5 SD?

You could try the mg_cfg file from here http://www.techkings.org/resources/mg_cfg-file.7/ but as I said in my previous post I think the only difference is that mg_cfg allows climes to be used in cccamd.list

Yeah i've downloaded a copy of dangerous mg_cfg file and will try tonight. If not then update mgcamd softcam via the plugins section.

FTA channels are fine.

Back