mgcam help please vu+duo vix

Titanium1

i am quite new to this so im finding it difficult.
i installed the cccam and the mgcam softcams. i uploaded the cccam.cfg and it is working perfect but i want to get my mgcam line working as it is better quality.
my box tells me to put the files into var/keys but when i look through my box files i can only find etc/keys and usr/keys.
what do i do?
i have a newcamd.list but cant put it anywhere
also what do i put inside the mg.cfg file
any help will be much appreciated

Open newcamd.list with Notepad++ paste in your line change the start of the line N: to CWS = (Space both sides of =) and save.
Change G: number in mg.cfg to 33 and save.
Set the cam away with blue button.
Both files should be in the keys folder if useing a PC to access in a network explorer or if you use an FTP program it would be in the user/keys folder.
var/keys is the same folder as user/keys or keys it all depends on what program you use to look at files on the box.
If useing an explorer on PC it would only show the folders that are marked as a share were as an FTP program would show the full address and all the files on the box.

Last edited:
Change G: number in mg.cfg to 33 and save.
Set the cam away with blue button.
Both files should be in the keys folder if useing a PC to access in a network explorer or if you use an FTP program it would be in the user/keys folder.

i am using flashfxp.
i downloaded the softcam but there are no files in user/keys so i created 2 but i dont understand what you mean by 'change G: number' could you explain this further please and do i have to put a line inside the mg.cfg file aswell or just leave it emty.

What image are you useing Vix or BHole
Have you installed MGcamd as it should install both them files to keys.
You need to put the mgcamd.tgz file in tmp folder on the box and then with menu button go to Addons/manually install and install the files.

i am running vix
where do i get the mgcamd.tgz file
is it var/volatile/tmp where i should put it
should i also have the ipk file in the tmp file aswell as in in the softcam file

Last edited:
Sorry its a ipk file not tgz. Down load one from the VIX site. Under VIX Images at the top of the page then go into softcams. The one you need is called enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk there is only one for mgcamd drop that into tmp folder on box and then install as last instructions to manually install ipk file. If you use a ftp program the the tmp folder should be at the bottom of the first list when logging on to the box. var/tmp or tmp both the same.

i got the mgcam sorted now thanks.
do you know anything about bouquets because when i try to transfer mine over with dreamboxedit i get an error in the log
''error sending file satellites.xml to the dreambox''

Last edited:
You need to run AutoBouquet its a plugin and part of the vix image it will scan and make a new set of bouquets you can set it for your area and to update itself.

i got my sgt flipflop channel list working but the 7 day epg is only working for fta channels. i tried CrossEPG and XMLTV. They both downloaded but when i press epg i only get fta channels and most of the rest are blank.

so i run autobouquet for my location 'northern ireland' to see if the epg would work correctly on this bouquet and it failed saying 'timeout for tuner lock'

You would need a hard drive or usb stick to store epg and set it up in Configer in CrossEpg.
You would need set up Crossepg in the menu by putting a tick next to Skyuk OpenTV in OpenTV Providers then run a Download now or epg scan.

Last edited:
I really carn't be much help as I use a different image and am not too clued up with the VIX image although images run and use similar plugins.
Maybe you have a conflict with XMLTV I would try swiching that off.

i'm all sorted now. went into my tuner settings and changed tuner 1 to advanced and saw that there was no connection to the lnb. i changed this to lnb 1 then ran autobouquet and cross epg again and hey presto everything works. i'm absolutely chuffed and thanks for your help.

Back