Satellite Mgcamd 1.38 - connect to one server for cable and a different one for satellite?

Delta

I've been using my H1 one Cable for over a year now, and it has been great. Now I've got a dish hooked up and working, I'm wondering how Mgcamd would work with two different providers needing two different servers...

Can I tell Mgcamd to use the first line for cable ECMs, and the second one for Sly ECMs?

I am aware you can have multiple lines in newcamd.list, but I'm worried I'll upset the server owners if the box keeps sending Sly requests to the cable server and vice versa.

If I have the cable line first in newcamd.list and zap to a Sly channel, will Mgcamd first try the cable server, fail, then try the Sly server? Will it then remember to keep using that server for subsequent requests? If this is the case, are server owners likely to be bothered (or even notice) the odd wrong request when moving from cable <-> Sly channels?

I hope that makes some sense!

Well I got brave and tried it, and watching the log output from Mgcamd it seems to know which server to use! :-)
I'm guess it's something to do with the CAID and CAPIDs or something, all very clever...

I was going to delete this post, but thought I'd leave it here in case anyone else searches for the same question.

Hello
I use H1 and H2 both running sly and cable and followed this guide from ages ago...thanks to Fusion

put both of your vm and sly lines in the newcamd.list file

Zgemma-Star H1 Setting up channel list sly/cable:
1. menu > setup > service searching > autobouquets > configure > setup mode is "expert" > place bouquets at" top" > add providers prefix to bouquets "yes" > ok to save > exit once.
2. providers > set sly uk and vermin to your area > press ok > exit once.
3. providers order > normally vermin is top but up to you, press ok > exit once.
4. start scan > wait 2 minutes and your sorted.
5. press ok once scanned > button up on remote > then favourites > you will have 2 sets of bouquets in exact vm/sly order

vm and sly bouquets when you press epg on the remote :)

I use Vix and openatv with my zgemmas and the old fraggle skin , mgcamd

Last edited:
Back