Mgcamd install on vu duo PLEASE HELP

I have just brought a new vu duo i am a complete novice. I have been using a mgcamd line on my old f5 and want to install the same sort of line on my vu duo. I have vix installed.
tryed reading some other posts but i need step by step i dont understand what people are asking me to do on wordpad lol.
thanks

Im in the same boat mate.. I have followed this guide here http://www.techkings.org/vu-solo-so...-camm-vix-image-vu-solo-vix-using-n-line.html which helped me transfer the .IPK file and then edited the newcam line as per instructions and saved it as below.. the 3rd line is what i added and saved, however on the guide it states to save on row 5 but i only have 4??

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = N:xxxxxx.xxx.xxx 1xxx0 Myname myname0000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
CWS_MULTIPLE = 192.168.1.2 20000:20005 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14 lan server2

---------- Post Merged at 04:26 PM ----------

Also when I check USR/VAR there are a number of other files located there, should these be left? how does the softcam manager select the right one?

Got mine sorted, after scrathing my head for 2 days, I eventually found out I had a faulty router, I could access the internet but it would not allow my Duo and Blade box to activate to N-Line...

If you need a hand mate let me know where you are stuck..

I'm another f5 user who has recently bought a VU+ Solose. Trying to set it up to use my NLine. Got as far as getting the ipk file on but no further. gone to /key dir and no newcamd/list.example file there?

Any ideas as to what I do next? I have the camd ticked but when I try to start it it says that need to set up MGCamd in var\keys first. Assuming then that it is looking for a newcamd.list file?

ANy help appreciated

Take the two files from the bottom of the tutorial here

Put them in var/keys.

Right click and edit the newcamd.list file, it will open, paste your line
over the example lines.

Save, switch on your cam.

Or read this here too

Make sure you change the front of your N line to read CWS =

I have two subscriptions. F5S using 4 C lines and VU+Duo using N line - when I tried to set up my VU+ it would not accept the N line.
I just swapped them around, VU+ uses the 4 C lines and I just manually typed in on my F5S - all sorted now..

please help vu+duo box

Hi can anyone help me i had a f5s box set to mgcamd for my line and just got a vu+duo and have no clue how to set it up.i have looked on web pages at step guides but i think im doing something wrong as i cant find the bit where i put in all the line details ie newcamd list.can anyone help please

There are a couple of guides on here

Have a look here

this is a combo guide so just miss out the cable parts here

This is assuming you are running the vix image

Hi im gonna sound stupid but i really dont know.i bought the box completly blank thinking it would come like my f5s did but its so different.i tried setting it up through a tutorial on line by a person called Hans and i dont think ive done it right it says black hole on it now.

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 PM ----------

Hi im gonna sound stupid but i really dont know.i bought the box completly blank thinking it would come like my f5s did but its so different.i tried setting it up through a tutorial on line by a person called Hans and i dont think ive done it right it says black hole on it now.

Best reflash the box and use the vix image, it seems to be the most popular
at the moment.

Have a look here

Last edited:
bh ok mate but go vix image

save you lot of hassle

is it duo or duo2 clone or not clone all info is neededmate

Its a vu+duo its not a clone.so shall i set it back to factory settings and start again.all help is most appriciated as i dont have any idea now.this box has thrown me.its so much more complex than my f5s

Stick in there mate, once you have it set up
they are so much better. (y)

There is a lot to get your head around first time round but there is plenty of help about.

have you read the tuts? ok on new vix images download plugins by remote and chose your cam nlines use mgcamd 1.38---------------clines use cccam 2.3.0 and install and follow the guides on setup.

Got mine sorted, after scrathing my head for 2 days, I eventually found out I had a faulty router, I could access the internet but it would not allow my Duo and Blade box to activate to N-Line...

If you need a hand mate let me know where you are stuck..

I Think I am having the same problem my lines will just not activate, how do I stop my router from doing this.

Back