MgCamd on Vix VU+ Solo2

Hi guys,

I'm new to the VU+ boxes and I am ordering one soon. I've looked at a post on how to add MgCamd into these boxes. But, all I have is the Newcamd.list

The posts I've read mention a few files. Could someone help me with getting one onto the box please? I have downloaded the MgCamd 1.35a ipk already. It just seems I don't have enough files mentioned on the set up guides.

My supplier only provided the one file.

the first thing need to do is install the ipk file(which i beleive you have done)
then you have to create a notepad file with your line on it and call mg_cfg
then using a ftp program like filezilla place this file into var/keys

Sorry for the questions pal.

So I need both files into that folder? Or just one or the other?

How do I create the .cfg file with only the Newcamd.list to work with pal?

sorry mate
just put the file into var/keys then activate it in softcam manager on your box. this should work (necamd list)

Put your .ipk file into /tmp on the box then install by going to the Menu/Addons/Manually install ipk packages. Should all install to the keys foder on the box.
Then you put your line into Newcamd.list change n: to CWS = ( space both sides of = )
mg.cfg needs the G: number changing to 33
Set the cam away by selecting it with the blue button.
I can send you a mg.cfg file if it has not installed it but it should really install everything anyway.
Its best to editing things with Notepad++++

Thanks again for that.

I haven't received the box yet so I'm hoping it will all be a bit clearer when I do it.

I'm upgrading from a skybox which is dead easy. Copy the supplied Newcamd.list onto box. Job done.

Can I just ask, so when I install MgCamd 1.35a it will create Newcamd.list and .cfg files itself? Then do I need to edit them on laptop and transfer back?

Is it just a case of opening my supplied Newcamd.list and editing it as you say and putting back onto box? Then change the .cfg file on box as you say too?

You can copy and paste or swap them. You can even put the files .cfg and .list on a usb stick (fat32 format) insert the stick and switch the box on and it will find them and ask if you want to install/replace the files. You can also put .ipk files on a usb stick and do the same it will ask if you want to install. A good way to do it if you have no computer access. Hope this helps.

Thanks again pal.

Understand it all now. Even found, on this forum, a generic .cfg that shouldn't need changed.

I like to make sure I understand everything before starting :)

hi guys sorry about this but is any one able to explain about how to check what cccam you are running, and also what sever line ie cline i am running. i got this box setup when it came but i need to change my sever

mgcamd is a nline and i dont run or need cccam or cline. 1.35a
cccam is on another box that runs a cline unsure if 2.1.3 or 2.2.1 lol

you can check by hitting menu/setup/softcam ci

c-lines will normally be on Cccam 2.13 as 2.21 is unstable
n- lines will be on mgcam 1.35a
however, some people will run n-lines through Cccam.

if you want to know what line you have
c- lines will be in var/etc
n-lines will be in var/keys
you will need filezilla in order to check this.

Last edited:
Hi can any of you lads help me please. I use mgcamd and was just wondering what is the best way to set up mg.cfg file i have tried a feiw diffrent nlines and allways seems to freeze alot if you tweek the mg.cfg file would 5hat make a difference thanks

Hi, same problem here. How do I create the .ipk file? Can it be found in the forum? On the set - Vu+ Solo2 - how do I enable the line?

Back