Miraclebox Confusion.

Nwls31

Hi folks, as I posted in Bees guide about setting up using Openvix, I followed the guide to the letter including the upload of cccam/mgcam files. Now my system is working, apart from the odd crash but thats for another time, my question is as follows :

I added the required files to the directory usr/keysbut when I go into SOFTCAM MANAGER, I tried the cccam file and it said no config file found, or words to that effect, I had edited my details and saved them as .cfg too. So I continued with the mgcam part and then put the green tick into both CCcam.2.3.0 and mgcamd.1.35a boxes and it worked.

Now I have just been playing with it, being a little confused as to why this is and I realized that when I try to start the cccam file it states something about the /ETC directory. So I decided to copy my .cfg files to that directory too, I now seem to be able to start the cccam file but only if I stop the mgcamd service, it actually states "CCCAM CAN'T START WHILST MGCAMD IS RUNNING" and once again my device works, although I did notice a few freezes in the 10 minutes it was running like this, not sure if this is due to me changing things or not as my internet is playing up and currently waiting for a new router. For now I have put it back to Mgcam running and all is well.

Not really sure why I am posting this, maybe just in the hope of someone clearing up why it is like this. I understand what the cccam/mgcam are for but have no idea how they work/do their stuff :)

So, yeah....if anyone can shed a little light on this I would be grateful :smoke rings:

P.S. Whilst I am on, does anyone know how to remove channels from the list ? I have used the "Hide Sections" within AutoBouquetsMaker to remove things like Shopping/Lifestyle/Religion :boo: groups etc. but I am more looking for options where I can remove individual channels rather than groups, i.e Skysports 1 HD, Skysports 2 HD......as I don't really see the need to show then if I cannot watch them :no no:

Thanks again.

Hi,

Mg cam 1.38 or 1.35a for example needs two files transferred to Usr/Keys in your box.

mg_cam and newcamd.list

The cam is generally used to run N Lines and you need to change the front end of the line to read CWS=

CCcam 2.30 or other versions need one file called CCcam.cfg transferred to ETC

The cam is older but will run N lines and C lines.

You don't change any of the line details

If the files aren't transferred to the box the cam won't switch on,

You can also only run one cam at a time.

When I set up a box I put my lines in both locations in case there is a problem with a cam for some reason
I can then use the other.

Mg cam is generally considered better than Ccam these days.

Don't kow about deleting channels but if you delete them when Autobouquet maker runs over night they will magically
appear again the next day lol

You should be able to select an SD channel list which won't have the HD versions on it

with all those mishaps i would have reflashed and started from scratch as there could be more and not said.

Back