Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid - Stream From NAS Setup Guide?

Nucleus

I've got a Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid and WD 4TB MyCloud NAS to store Movies/TV Shows etc.

Can anyone point me to or provide a step by step for setting it up on the MiracleBox plz, mounting, pointing to the correct folder on NAS etc?

I've exhausted my Google Fu trying to find a setup guide.

Is it flashed with Openvix ?

If so have a read here

Yes it is OpenViX. Unless I'm mistaken your link is about setting the box up from new to receive VM/Satellite. I don't see anything in the OP about setting up streaming from NAS. Do you mean there are posts in that thread about setting it up to stream from NAS?

My box is setup fine and has been for months, I just need a guide to setup and configure streaming from a NAS.

Oh, sorry just re read, I would imagine you will have a plugin in on your box to play the media
and you would need a program on your PC to set up your sharing options on your network.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

This is the mount I created, it's mounted. The path is exactly the same as I use in Vimu (Network Video Player) on Amazon FireTV Stick, and verified it's correct.

Anyone point me to how this is supposed to work? Should I see the NAS folder when I press the Media button on remote? Do I need to install some addon/plugin?

Mount settings are:

• Mount using: AUTOFS (mount as needed)
  • Active: enable
  • Local share name: NAS
  • Server IP: 192.168.0.2
  • Server share: WDMYCLOUD/Public/Shared Videos/
  • Use as HDD replacement: No
  • Mount options: rw,nolock,tcp

awhNEGI.png

- - - Updated - - -

Update...

With the mount as above.

Press Media button on remote, press yellow (Location) and choose NAS from the list...

tVJbeE4.png

Q0RbWG2.png

- - - Updated - - -

Update...

Went to Menu/Setup/System/Network/NFS Setup/

Dialog appeared stating that NFS Service would be installed and box rebooted.

Menu/Setup/System/Network/NFS Setup

Now shows:

• Autostart: Enabled

:whacko:

Got mine working with these settings.
I could never get autofs to work.

Changed "Mount Using" to FSTAB as in your screenshot, saved and rebooted. Mounts Setup is now empty, no choices to edit a Mount etc, just a red close button.

Will restore a good image and try your settings from scratch.

Now I can't restore the good image! The Flashing tool appears and shows "Error remounting root - Abort flashing! Try E2 in 2 seconds" (something like that) then box reboots and I have no channels!

Powered off box, disconnected Ethernet, reconnected Ethernet, booted up fine - no channels!

Update...

Factory Restored and skipped the setup wizard, tried to restore image - exactly the same as above "Error remounting root" message. Does this mean the image I'd created is corrupted, do a fresh setup from scratch now?

Last edited:
@ Willo3092 - Thanks but I'll pass and continue to stream from NAS via Amazon FireTV Stick - it works perfectly. Having just spent over an hour trying to get the box to boot (kept sticking at the OpenViX loading screen) and being told there was no internet connection, powering off and on a hundred times, disconnecting and reconnecting Ethernet a hundred times. I eventually got to do a clean setup and re-initialized my attached hard drive. Once my son has setup the SkyQ skin nicely I'll create an image. What a PITA this was and worrying when you can't get the box to boot!

No thank Q! I'll stream to Vimu app on FireTV Stick.

There's a fair few people streaming from a NAS with those settings so not really sure what went wrong there?
Works fine on my OS Mini so can't really see why it won't work on a Mini + , it's only a different tuner afaik.

Two days later...

Following on from the above can anyone help me out plz?

Has what I've done in the above posts caused some type of permanent damage? After doing a complete new setup from scratch, re-attaching and initializing the HDD (I wanted it cleaned), I made a new image. thought I'd try and restore it today and still get the same "Error remounting root - Abort flashing! Try E2 in 2 seconds", eventually get to reboot and have no channels again. Why after trying what's outlined in the above posts am I unable to restore an image? :mad:

Update...

Removed attached HDD, did clean setup from scratch, attached a new 32Gb USB stick for EPG and backup image. Created image fine, tried to restore - still the same "Error remounting root - Abort flashing! Try E2 in 2 seconds". So since trying the network mount settings by Willo3092 I'm unable to restore an image and when the flashing tool appears on screen it constantly fails showing "Error remounting root - Abort flashing! Try E2 in 2 seconds" - I'm ruling out attached USB corruption.

After the flashing tool has failed to restore the image and the box boots up again there are no channels, I go to the Softcam Manager and restart mgcamd. 1.38 and all channels return.

How do I rectify this problem?

Last edited:
Tried to flash box with latest openvix image, after trying three different USB sticks I've given up!

Every time it just boots and doesn't recognise the stick, followed the tutorial on the openvix site and also tried both rear and front ports (front is recommended). Also low level formatted a stick, then newly Fat32 quick formatted it, still not recognised at power on!

Would like the ability to restore an image again - any help plz?

when you bought this box did you not get the kingston 8gb usb to flash these boxes? all these e2 boxes only use good usb formatted to fat 32 and no bigger than 8gb,kingston,cruzer,and integral all work.

i do find moving stuff to my nas has 2 locations=my book live sometimes gives me that error as in post 5 and i move again to other named setting called my book live.
the media/autofs/nas is also listed of named places

!!! RESOLVED !!!

Formatted USB stick with this and then flashed box with latest openvix. Did a clean setup, everything okay, created an image and restored it twice.

No I won't be trying to setup streaming from NAS to this anytime soon - phew! Cheers to those who contributed.

@ Willo3092 - Cheers for the formatting with BootIce guide, just downloaded and saved it. Cheers.

Last edited:
Sorry for the off topic, however...

Now that I've flashed this box with newest OpenVix can it be flashed again? TIA.

If you're on the latest version, software updates will keep it up to date.
You can flash the box as many times as you like. I've flashed my Zgemma hundreds of times.

Back