Miraclebox problem

tomsared

Hi Guys, I have a miraclebox on virmin which is all set up and been working great but last week my virmin super hub packed up and a new one has been fitted, now I cannot receive any of the premium channels that require Internet, do I need to change a setting on the box and if so how, many thanks

Hi Guys, I have a miraclebox on virmin which is all set up and been working great but last week my virmin super hub packed up and a new one has been fitted, now I cannot receive any of the premium channels that require Internet, do I need to change a setting on the box and if so how, many thanks

If your internet is working, and you're hard wired to your box (Ethernet), then it should work the same. Which image are you using? VIX, Open ATV?

It is hard wired and I think it is VIX. I'm not very tech minded and my mate set it up about 8 months ago

Check you network is working with the box.

menu/setup/system/network/device setup/adapter settings.

ip address and subnet ect should be populated with your network settings.

Also, try restarting your softcam.

Blue button/softcam manager/yellow to restart

This is how it reads,... Use interface...yes
useDHCP...yes
primary dns... Numbers
secondary dns...0.0.0.0
current settings
ip address...N/A
subnet...N/A
gateway...N/A
network: LAN connection

This is how it reads,... Use interface...yes
useDHCP...yes
primary dns... Numbers
secondary dns...0.0.0.0
current settings
ip address...N/A
subnet...N/A
gateway...N/A
network: LAN connection

As cactikid says, your box doesn't seem to be connected to your network. That maybe your problem. ;)

I've just tried to reboot both hub and box ( I assume by turning of at mains and waiting a couple of minutes) still nothing. What would be the next thing to do to get it connected to network, thanks

I've just tried to reboot both hub and box ( I assume by turning of at mains and waiting a couple of minutes) still nothing. What would be the next thing to do to get it connected to network, thanks

Might be worth asking your sub provider of your line is still active.

well first to check is if box has an internet connection,no use complaining yet .

rerun network test to see why no connection?

what cam are you running either 1.38 or 2.30 and one has a green tick,ha ha dam skin or image has changed mine,so either green tick or blue icon against your cam and shows cam active?

try rebooting box now if using mgcamd.

connected should mean line is working.
you might need to see if someone near you can privately check your line,or get another test cline to see if that works.

Back