Miraclebox setup help

jatinpan

Hi

I need some advise and help on what I need to do to set up a miraclebox mini+. I have done some read and research but not 100% sure on the steps I need to complete.

If I outline the steps I think I need to do, can someone please verify and tell me if that is right and fill in the missing steps:

1. I will be purchasing the box from WOS which comes with vix image.
2. purchase a line and install

I get the impression there is a step in between I need to do before I install the line? Can someone help with what that is?

Additional setup:

1. install autobouquets
2. install a vm skin

I can get a zgemma box ready to plug and play but read the miraclebox is support by vix and zgemma is not. Also would like to know how to do it myself.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi mate,

Go with the miraclebox, save yourself a load of hassle.

Have a read here

It's for a "combo" sat and cable box

so just miss out the sat parts of the guide, it's pretty straight forward when you
have the box in front of you (y)

I must admit I've almost given up with my new miraclebox.. I am not tech minded so rely on the bro in law to come over to help as he is a bit of a techo, we have had two complete afternoons on it now following the guide to a t but cannot get anything other than FTA channels. My server has given me a c line which he says works for others on vm so I am now at a loss as to what to do. I have posted for info but nothing has come back. Any help would be appreciated

My server has given me a c line which he says works for others on vm so I am now at a loss as to what to do. I have posted for info but nothing has come back. Any help would be appreciated

Just found your thread !!! will post on there (y)

Last edited:
Bees. Thanks for your reply, I did just what you said, I started my own thread a few days ago but I am still struggling!!

hi bees

need your help, i accidentally pressed and ok button and missed the turner b setup, didnt enter net id, set qams to yes or enter symbol rate, how do i get back into that setting?

thanks

hi cactikid

thanks, ive been following that guide, from what i see i have setup everything correctly.

when i do a channel search doesnt display channels like shown in bees guide.

manged to find the qam and set them all to yes and symbol rate to 6887, net id 12 and and provider in autobouguets matches net id but still no channels in epg.

i have installed a test line also.

not sure what to check next?

there are 2 sections to set up tuner and net id for scanning and also abm providers net id,channels are in favourites/abm when setup correctly.
epg is whats on for 7 days and stored to usb.

hi

feel a little stupid now, found the channels in favorites however only free channels are working so guess the test line didnt work?

epg displaying channels also

before you entered your line did you download the softcam plugin like mgcamd 1.38 for nline? also needed would be mg_cfg and newcamd.list from downloads to send to usr/keys.
clines go to etc but need CCcam cfg installed first from downloads.

Hi

Yes installed both softcam plugins as per bees guide cccam and mgcam, started the mgcamd 1.38 and enabled it.

Downloaded both files, edited the newcamd.list with the line information, added cws = at the beginning and then uploaded both files to /usr/keys.

Then restarted box, rescanned in abm

Still only free channels work.

Any other advice will be really helpful

Thank you

so cccam is not active i hope as you dont want 2 cams fighting,after the box was restarted you stopped the 1.38 cam and started it again?did you download the mgcamd and newcamd.list from downloads which i had to do.

hi mate

ended up giving up last night.

ive checked in the softam manager and only one cam is active, the mgcamd 1.38, has a green tick next to it.

i downloaded the files which where at the bottom of bees setup guide.

do i need to download the files from the download section?

to summaries:

the tuner is setup with network id 00012
symbol rate is 6952
qams all set to yes

in ABM provider set to V uk yes and area 00012 leicester

Jatinpan... Not sure if this will help but it sounds similar to a problem I had, clear the mgcam off then load it again without your line server details on, once you have reloaded then upload with your line details, hope that makes sense

Hi Tomsared

Appreciate the help, will give it go tonight. A few questions:

When you say clear the mgcam, do you mean uninstall the mgcamd 1.38 plugin or just disable it? i.e.

1.disable the mgcamd 1.38
2.clear the files from the /usr/keys directory
3.enable mgcam
4.re-upload mg_cfg and newcamd.list files

After the line is added does the box need to be restarted or rescanned for channels again using ABM?

Thanks

Exactly that. It also worked for someone else on here with the same problem. Good luck. It's well worth the effort when you get there

Hi

unfortunately that didnt work either.

i did the following:

1.deleted the files
2. disabled mgcam
3. restarted the box
4.added the files back in
5. started mgcam and enabled startup
6.checked the movie channels and still not working, only free channels work.

do i have to make an config changes to the mg_cfg file?

does this mean the test line is not working?

Back