lamblamb

TK Veteran
had someone email me asking why certain channels don't clear,

Heat
Magic
Kerrang
Vintage TV
Vevo

i tried them on my box and they wouldn't clear for me either.

opened up the white box next to the tv which contains a big, box type tratec splitter tris-102a

i've just swapped it out for a new voxcom one and all the channels bar kerrang are back :-)

cable can be a pain in the ass ;-)

Mine don't work as well, varies, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. But Vevo never works at all.

I will test these channels out again when the box is downstairs, as it will be on a different cable routings then.

no big deal anyway as I have these same channels on sly :-)

I'm still learning how to use my box, it's taken me weeks to work out where the custom scan is, only just sussed it out lol.

the only thing I cannot find is if I go into say the sports category there seems to be no back button on my remote to go back to the channel catergories so I have to exit completely and then load up the channel catergories again.

damm pain but I guess it's just the remote that came with the box.

and I've just been working out how to get the epg working.

all good fun.

That's what I meant the regular channel list.

i have no idea how to add channels to favourite. That's on the to do list.

If it's anything like mine (E2 box), highlight the channel in the bouquet and press Menu on your remote.
One option then available is "Add to Bouquet"
Select and add to the Favorites (TV) bouquet

Last edited:
In terms of problem solving, I had a few channels missing never hit the service scan. Tried various things including decent high quality splitters.

In the end bought a HDU thanks to advise from another member.

So if your signal is too strong and you get picture break up you may need an attenuator. If your signal is too weak as in my case HDU solved issue. Hope others find this helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's anything like mine (E2 box), highlight the channel in the bouquet and press Menu on your remote.
One option then available is "Add to Bouquet"
Select and add to the Favorites (TV) bouquet

Thanks for that i will check this out later :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:25 PM ----------

In terms of problem solving, I had a few channels missing never hit the service scan. Tried various things including decent high quality splitters.

In the end bought a HDU thanks to advise from another member.

So if your signal is too strong and you get picture break up you may need an attenuator. If your signal is too weak as in my case HDU solved issue. Hope others find this helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to ask but not sure what a HDU is ?

HDU is basically a much better way of splitting your cable signal if its weak. High Def Unit. there are various ones all depends on how many ports you need and if you want an in-home or outside model. the in home goes after the white box.HDU-400 PIC 1.jpg

Ok thanks for the info, i never heard of them before.

Is there an easy way to tell if your signal is too weak or too strong ?

Thanks.

Not sure if there is an easy way to tell signal strength. maybe there's some sort of test meter that does that? When I couldn't get some channels I plugged my Vu box in direct from the cable coming off the white box and those channels worked, so I knew the problem was due to the splitter not being powerful enough to cope with demand till I bought the HDU.

Back