Missing channels

Rsbu1990

Hi i have a zgemma cable box but on my asian channel list on 5-6 channels the screen is just blank i have tried scanning several times and taken box to my provider and it all works at his place fine has any one got any ideas or suggestions that i can try ?

Few options - are you sure you have the correct area id on your box? ... if it was set up at your providers house, he could be on a different net id.

Are you using the correct splitter and cables at your house? these can have a huge impact. You should ideally be using a Technetix 5-1000mhz splitter and high quality cable like webro etc.

Few options - are you sure you have the correct area id on your box? ... if it was set up at your providers house, he could be on a different net id.

Are you using the correct splitter and cables at your house? these can have a huge impact. You should ideally be using a Technetix 5-1000mhz splitter and high quality cable like webro etc.
I have checked net id he has same as mine as same area and i am just using the virgin cable from the wall straight into the box and a ethernet cable on the box i have no splitter attached

Hard to see images but it looks like your downstream power levels are around -10 and the absolute lowest they should be is -6... below this and you'll have problems. How long as the VM been installed at the property for?

Hard to see images but it looks like your downstream power levels are around -10 and the absolute lowest they should be is -6... below this and you'll have problems. How long as the VM been installed at the property for?
10 years now

Any additional splitters or attenuators anywhere?

Is it just the 2 rooms you have a VM point?

Ok, you could check all F connections, renew cables and change the 2 way splitter in the brown box outside your property which may help or you could ring VM, tell them you've had a pc health check at your home and it's been noted that your downstream power levels are below the threshold and they will investigate it and increase it for you.

Ok, you could check all F connections, renew cables and change the 2 way splitter in the brown box outside your property which may help or you could ring VM, tell them you've had a pc health check at your home and it's been noted that your downstream power levels are below the threshold and they will investigate it and increase it for you.
I will try ring them see what they say but the downstream for internet will effect 5-6 channels ?

I will try ring them see what they say but the downstream for internet will effect 5-6 channels ?

It's not just for the internet, it's the incoming cable into your home which will feed all VM services including a TV package (if you had one from VM). Some channels require more signal than others... as your box works in your friends house but not yours, it's obvious it's something to do with the supply in your home and this is the only thing I can notice at the moment so I'd get that checked first then go from there :)

Hope this solves your issue - keep us informed.

Back