More channels gone.

Apologies if this is a silly question however, is iptv the way forward for obtaining the channels? Would this be a recommendation to switch over to?

Is iptv coming to a close like cs?

Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

No sign of IPTV coming to an end as IPTV can be provided using official subs as well as VM cs so cs going down isn't the end of that.

If you can get cable, that'd be a better move, but otherwise yes probably best to go for mag box.

No sign of IPTV coming to an end as IPTV can be provided using official subs as well as VM cs so cs going down isn't the end of that.

If you can get cable, that'd be a better move, but otherwise yes probably best to go for mag box.
Thanks i appreciate that. Im not. Too clued up on the cable side of cs and what is needed so i might need to dig deeper.

Is the cable side more stable than iptv?

Also, what broadband provider can be used with iptv without any viewing issues or blockages if any?

Iptv for me would be a better solution because i have no cable boxes and dont really want to spend too much on additional boxes. I have an openbox v8s, blade bm7000s, android tv box, and a Samsung tv that can use the iptv app.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Cable is more stable than IPTV yes. Not sure but you're best off getting some sort of VPN service (and a third party router, if you're going for a mag box, as you can't install a VPN on these) as that'll remove any ISP issues.

Thinking of moving to iptv sub myself. I've the Edision OS Mega. Anyone know is that capable of running iptv to a decent level of quality or should I be buying a new box?

Cable is more stable than IPTV yes. Not sure but you're best off getting some sort of VPN service (and a third party router, if you're going for a mag box, as you can't install a VPN on these) as that'll remove any ISP issues.
Thats made things a lot clearer cheers. Any suggestions on the type of cable box that i require?

ive downloaded an iptv list to my v8 golden,[as well as the one thats standard] that works brilliant,no stuutter,stalling etc, all channels are there,ie every english channel,sly,bein etc but it just seems to be going through a loop,without showing any channel.just keeps going over and over,any ideas why?

all sorted now!!!

Last edited:
Depends on your budget techboy. If you put into google (as can't link the site) technomate-tm-nano-se-m2-plus-triple-combo-twin-dvb-c-1x-dvb-s2 this is probably the best value for money for a budget, or there's a zgemma H.2H but you can't record another cable channel while you watch something on this. There's new zgemma cable boxes coming out but the prices haven't been released yet.

But basically, if you're after watching one channel and recording another, you want a box that has twin/dual DVB-C tuners.

my v8 golden is capable of sat/cable/iptv/dvb but virmin cut supply to my home when i wasnt using it,now my sat dying the death.

Last edited:
Thinking of moving to iptv sub myself. I've the Edision OS Mega. Anyone know is that capable of running iptv to a decent level of quality or should I be buying a new box?
Hi mate i have the os mega and just gone over to iptv and it works flawless tbh and it's all in HD which is a bonus

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Interested in reading your post, i have Mag 254 running on a IPTV and had up until reading the above was going to go down the route of getting a VPN to hide my IP, by plugging into a second router which in turn would then be connected to my sly router.
Is there any other way?

Hi all, you may already know or not know as I don't have satbox myself I run glorious vm!

Anyway a mate has said his box nation ss2 and ss3 have come back online....

Think he runs an open box...

Hi mate i have the os mega and just gone over to iptv and it works flawless tbh and it's all in HD which is a bonus

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
i have tried a few that have been terrible i must just of been unlucky with providers, i know there must be some good uns out there

Back