Most efficient streaming device

TickTack

Hi all

I've recently hooked up a Zgemma box for watching telly, epg and being able to record etc and I'm really happy with it.

I'd like to have an android device to stream box sets mainly and the odd film. I would appreciate some sound advice and a point in the right direction please?

Hi all

I've recently hooked up a Zgemma box for watching telly, epg and being able to record etc and I'm really happy with it.

I'd like to have an android device to stream box sets mainly and the odd film. I would appreciate some sound advice and a point in the right direction please?

You could always try installing KODI on your Zgemma. I'm sure if you google it there will be a few tutorials. Or have a read here.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/67216-kodidirect.html

Hi all

You could always try installing KODI on your Zgemma. I'm sure if you google it there will be a few tutorials. Or have a read here.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/67216-kodidirect.html

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have read that the internal memory of the Zgemma isn't quite up to supporting too many add ons. I'm also really happy with my build and wouldn't want to mess around too much.

to be honest, I'd be happier with a stand alone streaming device to run alongside the sat box.

I have read that the internal memory of the Zgemma isn't quite up to supporting too many add ons.

I presumed you were using an external drive for recording ect. If not then I suggest you do for at least the EPG data and Autobouquets.

I have read that the internal memory of the Zgemma isn't quite up to supporting too many add ons.

I presumed you were using an external drive for recording ect. If not then I suggest you do for at least the EPG data and Autobouquets.

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply, yes I'm using an external HDD for all EPG, Timeshift, Autobouquets, Recordings etc. I just don't want to mess around too much with my setup, as it is spot on. I know that I can back it up and have a tinker, but there's no real need for me to.

So far the Amazon Firestick is the only one mentioned, is this the best bang for buck??

Firestick will do the job but will struggle with heavier builds installed, I only use mine as I have an Amazon prime subscription. Nvidia shield is my main box for Kodi and Netflix but does not have full access to all google play store apps. Apps like Showbox etc can be sideloaded but are not easy or convenient to use, ie not easy to navigate with remote supplied. My daughter has an M8s android box which does the job it has 2gb ram and reasonable processor, runs well but like the Nvidia shield can't run Amazon Prime, not the devices fault just Amazon shooting themselves in the foot due to a dispute with google. If it has to be Android based I would go for something with 2gb ram and make sure the seller provides support for the product, does not sell clones and has good feedback.

Back