Most Powerful Enigma 2 Box?

SHawking

If money is no option (i.e. say you have up to a £1000 budget to work with), what would people say is the most powerful Enigma 2 box in terms of specs, performance and future-proofing?

The most powerful box I've found so far is the VU+ Ultimo 4K, but it's expensive because it has something like 8 tuners, which seems very excessive for me. My needs for the box will primarily be IPTV first and foremost, and perhaps a satellite connection as a backup; the ability for 4K would also be nice for future-proofing.

Thanks for your time, help and recommendations :)

Sat is pretty much finished, no movies, sport, no HD anymore.

So don't bother with it. Cable is ok for now so if you have Virgin BB then that's probably
your best option. If it goes tits up you can use the same E2 box for IPTV.

IPTV isn't great but is improving and is probably the way it will all go in the next few years
so why not buy something like a TZ95plus and use STBEMU to run IPTV.

Works as good as a MAG box but you can run Terrarium and other Apps which will give you
all the films and boxsets you need, you can add a dodgy Netflix account and various other things.

There is no real future proofing as it's a game of cat and mouse and we are the mice :grin::grin::grin:

So if you are dipping your toe, don't spend too much and learn as you go.

Another which box to buy thread for a change lol

The vu+ are great boxes, but I don’t see the point in spending that money on a box, when a £50-80 box will get you the same channels and will do iptv with out problems

As Bees said, if your starting out don't spend silly money on something you don't need,
Most android boxes will cover what your looking for, minimum spec would be 2gig ram and 16gig storage, fleebay has hundreds to choose from, try to get a UK version as the Chinese imports can be flaky.

Thanks for your replies so far guys.

I'd prefer to get an Enigma 2 box (as opposed to an Android or MAG box), as I want to keep the Sky interface for the rest of the family to use. In terms of apps like Terrarium and Kodi etc, I also have a separate Amazon Fire TV box which I use for these things, so just want to run IPTV on the Enigma 2 box (and some plugins like Open VPN etc).

Also, you guys are definitely right about the state of satellite, so I'll only be (possibly) using it for Freeview channels I think. Sadly I'm also not in a VM serviced area :(

Why not have a look at a motorised sat setup plenty of other sats than 28.2 out there and you can have iptv to run along side of it too.
Vu+ boxes you won't get anything better

The top end vu boxes are the best on the market and always have been,Get what you pay for in the end.

if iptv is it's primary use then you probably only need a box with 1 tuner. I have the VU+ Uno 4K which is a brilliant box with it's 8 tuners, is an overkill but as the wife records all the soaps we do use three now and again, more so when they overlap.

Saying that, the H7 is a triple tuner and takes 3 feeds, H7S is twin sat and single DVB T2/C, the H7C is two DVB T2/C. You can plug a terestrial arial into the T2/C tuners so get freeview as well as freesat.

It runs IPTV perfectly well, is 4k and if you wanted kodi can be installed.

Back