Most up to date box - last box was F5

lavinl30

Hi guys.
I’ve been out the loop for a few years now and have no idea at what box to look into getting. Ideally I want something for a Virmin line that can record whilst watching another channel.
There seems to be a lot more boxes about these days.

Personally,if you are on a budget get a Zgemma h2h. if Virmin goes, then use it for IPTV. This is also a sat box and there is a good number of channels available including all bt sports

Personally,if you are on a budget get a Zgemma h2h. if Virmin goes, then use it for IPTV. This is also a sat box and there is a good number of channels available including all bt sports

I don’t mind spending up-to £200 for the right box. I just haven’t looked into these for the past few years as I’ve been happy using an android box with exocus and the such.
Are the Vuo Duo any good for what I want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For single cable/twin sat, a Formuler F1 is great value.
or Edision range, both sub £100

HD cable, may not have long left, SD is unknown as yet.

You need a twin cable tuner, either of these would be fine.

Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable

Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR TRIPLE TUNER Combo 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C Receiver

Flashed with Openvix. You will need to add the cost of a USB Hdd for recording.

Expect problems with the HD channels on cable but SD seem to be safe at the moment.

If cable goes tits up you can run IPTV using the same box, so you have a fallback plan without it costing you too much.

I don’t mind spending up-to £200 for the right box. I just haven’t looked into these for the past few years as I’ve been happy using an android box with exocus and the such.
Are the Vuo Duo any good for what I want?

Any vu box are the bees knees,Forget about zgemma rubbish,There are far better boxes than those around,At the moment the finest box on the market for price is the xtrend ET 8500 on offer from £109,2 hybrid tuners at £117 with hard drive option from W O S,Nothing evens comes close to that.Will pm you a link.

Any vu box are the bees knees,Forget about zgemma rubbish,There are far better boxes than those around,At the moment the finest box on the market for price is the xtrend ET 8500 on offer from £109,2 hybrid tuners at £117 with hard drive option from W O S,Nothing evens comes close to that.Will pm you a link.
hi mate , I'm having major probs with the zgemma at the moment , could you pm the link aswell if you don't mind , thanx in advance

Just google world of sat, and order it flashed with openVix

We can't link to other sites directly, the mods take them down.

At the moment the finest box on the market for price is the xtrend ET 8500 on offer from £109,2 hybrid tuners at £117 with hard drive option from W O S,Nothing evens comes close to that.

it's an ugly looking thing though. seriously does it need an LCD screen on the front.
the screen just makes it too bulky.

Looks like I’ll be ordering the xtrend tomorrow then. Thanks for your advice guys.

Last edited:
seriously does it need an LCD screen on the front.

Yes it does if you watch TV on it like I do.
If you don't clone the TV screen it will show you all the channel info / progress bar / picon /weather / tuner in use / recording status.
The screen can be switched off or be set to just time out.
A big advantage to the form factor of the ET8500 is the fact that it has a caddy which enables you to put a hdd in without opening the case and, if you do need to open it up to add tuners then there are just 2 knurled nuts to remove rather than phillips screws.

Obviously it's not to your taste but I like it and so do many others.

Back