Motorised dish question

Hi hopefully someone can help.

I'm installing my old blade 7000 receiver for a friend in his home and he has a motorised dish fitted. I've just got a n-line for it but when I scan I'm receiving foreign channels which are scrambled. How do I get the sky channels, do I need to move the dish then scan? How does the dish move to the correct position.

Thanks

You need the dish pointed at whatever sat you want to scan or download a channel list
There may be a list posted on here, if not, try blade online

Go into the menu,go to dish settings, make sure you select 28.2e. Then turn the dish motor on. Then select "go to" and hopefully the dish will move to the correct position. Then try a scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if this will help but I tune and scan manually go into menu, installation, dish setting set satellite at the top to 28.2east, set LNB
power to on, LNB type to universal, diseqc 1,0/1,1 to off, diseqc motor set to 1,2, motor step to continuance then move east or west until Q goes green then fine tune it using motor step 1 or 2 till you get the best signal. Press save in motor control and exit twice. Go into channel search and change scan mode to blind scan and network search to on then press the red button, fingers crossed should scan in all the channels

Last edited:
if the arc of the sats is not set properly you will not get it setup properly goto 0.8 west setup goto center see if you can pickup bbc world news 10778 h 24500 that will give you the center of sat arc then move east to get 28.5e to set it up

Well I had no luck, I'm not to clued up about motorised dishes etc. I had it set on 28.2e and it did say moving dish but still no joy. I did a channel search but just picking foreign channels up.
If there is anyone around the Redcar/Middlesbrough area that knows what there are doing then give me a message if you fancy a little bit of work.

I don't know tbh. The lad is all setup for foreign channels on a techno box but just needs a sub for these channels and has been quoted a daft price but maybe this is an easier option from somewhere else. I was just gonna plug my blade box on and use the sky channels but seems more difficult than expected.

Use dish pointer site and in box u normally have a urals setting like 51.1 lat and 0.2 long etc I have a motor dish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back