Motorised Dish

I just thought on my lnb I noticed some figures and lines on the end.I never touched this at all was I ment to set something on this as I have heard of lnb skew

On another note I'm suprised you are picking up badr at 26e and not polsat on 13e. I just went through most of the sats all the way upto 53e and my dish seems spot on but on badr on france24 english which is supposed to be the strongest channel available I only get 45% with a 80cm dish.

Polsat 13e is that number 6 hotbird

Attachments

• IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 57
I'm getting more confused by the day just done a single sat scan on badr and select fta only and I've ended up with BBC itv now 80's and a load more which r on 28e

This is pointing to your dish being out line to far to the west by a few degress. For example you have set 0.8w at 2.8w then your drive to 28.2e so you will always be 2deg out on every sat. Just sometimes you have been lucky. Driving you dish east manually from the box each time should improve the signal. This is why it was important to fine 0.8w as it is the top of the arc.

Polsat 13e is that number 6 hotbird
Maybe the channel list I sent you didn't load properly, so can you please load it again,
You don't need to scan any satellite, most of the channels that you can get on each Satellite from 53E to 45W are already on that list,
you should be on the channel list menu, (see Pic), not the Satellite list menu.
As KegnKiwi says you are only 2 degrees out, (as your'e getting 28E instead of 26E the Motor is 2 degrees too far East, not West, so you have to move the MOTOR back 2 degrees West)
So put the receiver to any FTA channel at the start of each list, and move the motor & dish manually on the pole very slightly to the left, (maybe only a couple of millimeters), until you get a picture.
2.jpg

Last edited:
The lnb is scewed automatically by the motorso it should be put on straight when it's at 0

This is pointing to your dish being out line to far to the west by a few degress. For example you have set 0.8w at 2.8w then your drive to 28.2e so you will always be 2deg out on every sat. Just sometimes you have been lucky. Driving you dish east manually from the box each time should improve the signal. This is why it was important to fine 0.8w as it is the top of the arc.

How do I move the dish manually from the box

i need to try sort this really,theres me thinking i've finally cracked it after 3 weeks lol

Now apart from 28.2 what other sat could i use to try sort this problem out i can't get 0.8 thor so i guess i can send dish to another sat and then tune it better from there and i should be sorted.Like i say 90% signal on sky but if i'm about 2 degress out i guess this is why i'm getting poor signal on other sats

This is 90% Signal Quality on BBC 1 HD 28E, put the Openbox to this channel & put the signal meter onscreen, then move the MOTOR just a few millimeters to the left & you WILL get a signal & picture.

2.jpg

Last edited:
On enigma 2 box's you can move the motor east or west via the remote it is in positioner set up.

Attachments

• positioner.jpg
    positioner.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 57
ok i connected the dish up to the zgemma as on there you can fine tune extra,as the motor was fine tuning west the snr picked up from 70% snr and got up to 90% snr final calibration came up at 26.2 so as was said im 2 degrees out.

So guess this means i need to move the dish 2 degrees west and i should be bang on 28.2e and everything else will fall into place.

Times like this i wished i had a better sat meter but its just not worth paying out money for one as id never use it and tbh i can't see myself going into satellite installing

ok i connected the dish up to the zgemma as on there you can fine tune extra,as the motor was fine tuning west the snr picked up from 70% snr and got up to 90% snr final calibration came up at 26.2 so as was said im 2 degrees out.

So guess this means i need to move the dish 2 degrees west and i should be bang on 28.2e and everything else will fall into place.

Times like this i wished i had a better sat meter but its just not worth paying out money for one as id never use it and tbh i can't see myself going into satellite installing

You could alter your latitude in the receiver to make it think you are further east or west and therefore not move the dish as far or move it further. I though we worked out your dish was to far west?

Had a play around I selected Astra 3b sat and got the following by changing lat

54.18 got snr 49%
68.28 got snr 71%

Im trying to fine tune my setup, same system as toffee, I can get 63% signal on sly news on thor 0.8, but when I go to 19.2e only getting 44% and cant get anything on 23.5 or 28.2. Does anybody have any idea what the problem is? Using 80cm dish in northern ireland and wasnt expecting to get anything on thor.

Yea, had it going a few weeks ago but something messed up when updating zgemma and lost everything, so got it sort of fixed and just fine tuning now.

Back