Motorised Dish

For a good one at around 1m/1.1m to get all the nordic beams including setup, I think it's about £400 with receiver.

If you do it yourself and you already have a receiver, knock quite a bit off that.

If you're looking into getting someone to provide and install or just install, Duncan at Purplesat is one of the best guys in the business - he's based NW England but does travel a bit.

Would be nice but i like to have a go myself and do a bit of learning and stress myself out lol thx for the advice

Reactions: ste
Haha I said the same and in the end, Duncan from Purplesat ended up coming out to me to do a bit of extra tweaking.

My dish was slightly bent.
The elevation was slightly wrong as i'd used the angle from dishpointer website instead of using the table in the back of the motor guide
My brackets weren't up to the job of holding a 1.1m motorised dish

Duncan spent several hours at my house straightening the dish, changing the elevation and fabricating / fitting extra brackets and it's all spot on now.

Lol glad you got sorted :(y):my mate works for the darkside so ill get him round to fit the satellite and ill do the box in and in turn it will do my box in :(y):

Getting no signal at all tonight,wondering if dish as moved but had no wind.Weve had a lot of rain tho but surely that shouldn't effect it as the main dish is working fine on sly

LNB hasn't got water in it has it? ... does the LNB have a collar and if so, did you pull it down.

changed the lnb and working again,i only had an old sky lnb so tried that and it works debating now weather to maybe buy another dish but 1m one and a better lnb

If you get a bigger one, get one where the feed arm is supported and also go for the inverto black ultra lnb ;)

They do come up but more so on the 1.1m+ ones... easy enough to fabricate some though.

toffee
I would not change the dish if I was you it took you 3 weeks to set the old one up
would the missus like a bigger one
the dish I mean

Back