Motorised Dish

little update on this old thread,contractors are currently removing 6 very large trees which i think is stopping me getting some satellites more so thor.I'm praying once these are down it will open my box up even further,if this doesnt then it's just one tree between my house and next doors garden which i no is been removed once the sale of the house goes through in the next 2 weeks.Will update again later once these trees are taken down and i can see daylight through them currently one and half trees are down

totally at a lost here now trees have gone can't see any obstacle in the way for thor yet i can't get a signal at all,get astras and sky no problems at all but nothing on thor.While i was messing i thought be ideal chance to change the lnb as currently got a sly multi one on due to the lnb i got with the dish packing in.But i can't fit the new dark lnb as it won't go on the bracket so i need to order a new lnb bracket for it.

I need one with a square on to fit the dish and the lnb is a 40mm one any pointers where i can purchase one from??

Is it worth getting a bigger dish while im messing around maybe i need a bigger dish for thor?

what sort of dish have you got @toffee ?
is it a sky dish, assuming as its got a small LNB holder,
there are different types of sky dish, so make sure you get the right bracket,
I got a 40mm for my old sky dish from a popular auction site for about 3£ iirc

I got Thor on 30cm baby camping dish but had no joy with a sky dish and lnb.

ye, sky dishes seem to have a wide angle catchment, so a lot easier to tune in,
but at the cost of not being as focused, which on sky isnt an issue as the signal is so strong

that LNB holder looks like it is designed for 32 & 40mm , just a spacer

Yeah I thought that but my lad somehow snapped a bit off,it was like a t piece that held the parts together.With this broke can't get a tight grip on the lnb.Looked on flebay but can't seem to find an holder suitable.On my dish the lnb holder is square which slips into the square dish arm

Yeah I thought that but my lad somehow snapped a bit off,it was like a t piece that held the parts together.With this broke can't get a tight grip on the lnb.Looked on flebay but can't seem to find an holder suitable.On my dish the lnb holder is square which slips into the square dish arm

oh dear...
how wide is the bar that holds the LNB holder.?
you should be able to get a standard LNB holder and maybe heath robinson a screw into the bar to hold it in place,
would be my suggestion at this point, unless the seller can sell you another LNB holder seperately

or,
cable ties, hose clamp, self tapping screw,
loads of possibilities,
sorry, I dont know your level of 'bodging' , ;)

oh dear...
how wide is the bar that holds the LNB holder.?
you should be able to get a standard LNB holder and maybe heath robinson a screw into the bar to hold it in place,
would be my suggestion at this point, unless the seller can sell you another LNB holder seperately

or,
cable ties, hose clamp, self tapping screw,
loads of possibilities,
sorry, I dont know your level of 'bodging' , ;)
When I bought the same dish from the same seller my lnb holder snapped when tightening it, I messaged seller and he sent me out a new one free of charge but that was only a day after getting the dish.

Tried fixing this no joy at all think I may buy a bigger dish.

At the moment my signals have dropped

Eutelsat 33c
Intensity 90%
Quality 53%

Sky
Intensity 87%
Quality 83%

Astra 3b
Intensity 90%
Signal 53%

Astra 1h
Intensity 90%
Signal 42%

This is all I can pick up,can't get near Thor even tho these trees have now gone

Thanks think I will order this one due to the support arms.Wife will go mad putting a bigger dish up but needs must,I guess my lnb will go directly on to this

Have my motorized setup and working fine. what I'm trying to do is put a twin lnb on it so I can use a second box upstairs with client mode is this possible to do if so what way would I setup the tuners

Just cable the second box straight to the lnb , and use the first box to drive the dish to each sat in turn so you can do a scan on 2nd box.
Other alternative (better) is to put a smart switch so both boxes can drive the dish.
I'll try and find the link someone sent me, iirc it may have been either @ste or @mike142

I get what your saying but that's not what I'm trying to do as with client mode the second box won't have tuner active what it does is use the main boxes tuners I have cable and sat working fine this way but motorized setup won't work as it only has one tuner free.i was thinking if I added twin lnb it would give me 1 free tuner to use so basically have same as downstairs without running any wires and no second lines needed

I get what your saying but that's not what I'm trying to do as with client mode the second box won't have tuner active what it does is use the main boxes tuners I have cable and sat working fine this way but motorized setup won't work as it only has one tuner free.i was thinking if I added twin lnb it would give me 1 free tuner to use so basically have same as downstairs without running any wires and no second lines needed
ye, with you,
it just sets up like a fixed dish dual LNB in that way,
you still need your server to allow twin tuner,

Yeah he does as I can record no problem
Will get an twin lnb and test it out so
Thanks for your input much appreciated

Back