Motorised Dish

Kildare Ireland
I don't get it, WTF do sellers load such a premium onto posting stuff to Ireland.?
I'm from NI originally, and have a lot of mates get stuff posted to me in England, and I post it onto them simply because sellers either refuse to post to them, or want a ridiculous amount for postage.

Yeah it's a bit mad alright there is addresspal aswell which will save some money but think it's just handy to get it here in Ireland will get it next day delivery

It's the courier companies I think which add a premium for posting to ROI - maybe something to do with import rates?

Ok first off all sorry for my posts you all must be sick off me now.

Right received my new dish today so I’ve banged that up tonight good news I can get Thor and another sat.Now the bad news I can’t get Astras or sly wtf is going wrong tearing my hair out

Ok first off all sorry for my posts you all must be sick off me now.

Right received my new dish today so I’ve banged that up tonight good news I can get Thor and another sat.Now the bad news I can’t get Astras or sly wtf is going wrong tearing my hair out

out of line slightly,
remember, being out maybe 1/4 degree on the first sat, could well end up being a degree or more out somewhere else,
NOT being plumb, thats a whole new MASSIVE can of worms, that will cause you issues you will NEVER resolve
HAVE YOU CHECKED PLUMB,?
AT LEAST 27 TIMES.??????

Is pole mount 100% plumb?
Is the dish mounted on the motor pole 100% straight?
Have you set the correct elevation for your lat and long? (use motor guide table)
Have you entered correct lat and long on your receiver? (make sure you've put the correct east or west figure).

Checked pole 100% dish put on correctly to motor we just took the old dish of the motor and connected the new one.Entered lat and long into openbox

Did you make sure the motor was at 0 before putting replacement dish on and that it was perfectly straight?

Set the elevation as per the manual?

Skew totally straight at 0?

We put the motor to zero and made sure everything was pointing South.Entered lat and long into the openbox connected the cable back up sent to Thor.We got that turned in using aljazeera English and getting intensity 88% signal quality 78%.

Quick look I can get Thor Astra 4a eutelsat 7a hotbird 6/8/9.

This dish is going to be the death of me at this rate

Get to a sat you don't get a signal on then push the dish with your hand up or down to see where your going wrong
If you can reach your dish once its mounted as mine is on the ground :)

Most likely your elevation move it 0.1 a degree each time. Don't give up I have the same dish it took Me a week to set up.
As mk_engineer has suggested it's likely to be your elevation. The diagram below is from my Sat motor manual, it shows the result of incorrect motor elevation, fig 10 shows that if it's too low your dish arc is too narrow, fig 11 shows that if it's too high then it's too wide, try increasing the elevation first. With the dish pointed at Thor, increase the motor elevation slightly, maybe by half a degree or less, tighten the bolts & then bring the dish elevation down until you get the same 78% signal quality on aljazeera English as you had before, your dish arc will now be different.
Then move the dish to 28E to see if you can get a signal, hopefully if you keep adjusting the elevation in this way you will get it sorted.

3a.jpg

Right, before I take the plunge and get one of these kits the reaper always recommends, is it particularly unadvisable not to bold a motorised dish onto a shed roof? line of sight won't be an issue for most of what I'm bothered about, just curious as to whether anyone thinks there may be any particular problems that aren't so obvious.

Also prepared for a world of frustration...

Back