Motorised Dish

I have a zgemma box but also an old skybox f5.Wasnt sure if I'd be better if using anchor bolts with the scaffold pole been heavy plus the weight of the dish

The bolts I have in my setup is like the ones that hold a TV bracket to the wall and it's solid - I am using a 1.1m dish.

You might be better using the skybox to set it up at least as you can download channel lists for this box quite easily then just put it on a channel on the 0.8w satellite (thor) line it up until the channel clears then tweak and tighten then put your longtitude and latitude in the usals settings and away you go ... more fine tuning may be needed for best signal across the arc.

Make sure you use the elevation table in the back of your motor's manual. I made the mistake of using the elevation as given to me by the dishpointer website which was incorrect.

I got my motorized dish setup at the weekend, installer hadn't done one before but between the two of us didn't take that long, a bit of fine tuning still to do but getting plenty of english content from 13e through to 28.2e.

Plenty of sport and some of the channels can be changed to english [depends on the feed]
Plenty of movies/series etc on fox,tnt,Mmovies, paramount, hollywood and others such as foxlife, fox hd .de----let your fingers do the walking [better still, use a remote lol]
Reaper.

Been unpacking my dish ect today,opened my t&k brackets but the u bolts won't go round my scaffold pole.Looked on screwfix and I can but bigger u bolts or would I be better off buying one of there alliminum poles they sell and use that instead

Been unpacking my dish ect today,opened my t&k brackets but the u bolts won't go round my scaffold pole.Looked on screwfix and I can but bigger u bolts or would I be better off buying one of there alliminum poles they sell and use that instead
If the dish motor fits around the scaffolding pole, then you would be better getting bigger u bolts for the tk brackets, an aluminium pole might not be strong enough for a sat dish, if there is a hardware store anywhere near you you could take the brackets & pole and get the right size bolts, and maybe get some rawl bolts for fixing the bracket to the wall.

If you are setting this up with your skybox f5 i have a multisat channel list made on an openbox v8s.

Last edited:
If you are setting this up with your skybox f5 i have a multisat channel list made on an openbox v8s, it might load on it or it might brick the box,
This is how i set my dish up about 10 years ago, it's a bit crude looking but it works, the main thing is that the pole must be exactly vertical.
View attachment 22910

What would you suggest,can I download a list then bang on the box or do I scan for channels.Reading a site says to put dish to Thor 1w and set using that first,now I need to guess where that is so how would I no if my sat box hasn't got any channels turned in

Back