Motorised Dish

The dish's in the post above show what I meant that your dish should look like the same angle as all the sky dish's in the street

yesturday i had fta on 28.2 but couldnt pick out else up,after further reading i changed to west due to my long been minus as the way i read it east was plus and -3 would be east.So we changed that and we couldnt pick up a signal at all

my lats 54 we had the motor on 54 just looked at book says lat 54 elevation angle 36 declination angle 7.6 dish bracket angle 27.4.

So am I right instead of been 54 it needs to be 36,if it is I've just tried that moved dish up and down nothing
there are 2 type of scales, a Latitude scale and an Elevation scale, if the scale on the motor is marked Elevation then set it to 36, if it's Latitude then set it to 54

Last edited:
daft question alert

do i set the dish to find say 28.2 then enter my lat and long or enter lat and long then find a signal

The reason for 28.2 is I don't think I'd pick 0.8 up as the line goes right threw trees.Now the house next doors for sale and it's full of trees.Who ever buys it will rip all the trees down which will open my line up.The house next door to this can't watch sky in summer as he loses signal once these trees grow leaves

For a motorised dish to work it needs to be set up correctly on the arc. You should set the motor on the pole at due south, put your long and lat into your receiver and then drive the dish to 0.8w. We use to use bbc world as a reference channnel. Once on bbc world you would then fine adjust the dish for peak signal. Once set on 0.8w you should be able to just drive the dish round to 28.2e or 30w and it should be on the arc.

Just fix your dish and motor to face south, then use the motor to move dish to locate 28.2e.
Now edit for USALS all the sats you want. Install your lat/long---set box for multi scan and away you go.
Reaper.

Looking at the picture does not give a true indication, the angle of which a signal comes down is about the same same as a roof angle on a house, so unless those trees are very close you may well get a signal.

Looking at the picture does not give a true indication, the angle of which a signal comes down is about the same same as a roof angle on a house, so unless those trees are very close you may well get a signal.

For a motorised dish to work it needs to be set up correctly on the arc. You should set the motor on the pole at due south, put your long and lat into your receiver and then drive the dish to 0.8w. We use to use bbc world as a reference channnel. Once on bbc world you would then fine adjust the dish for peak signal. Once set on 0.8w you should be able to just drive the dish round to 28.2e or 30w and it should be on the arc.

Good copy and paste skills right there :grin:

Good copy and paste skills right there :grin:

nope all my own work :)

Set loads of dish's up in my garden, even once put a eliptical sky dish on a motor and managed to get 0.8 on a small 30cm camping dish bolted to a table. :)

nope all my own work :)

Set loads of dish's up in my garden, even once put a eliptical sky dish on a motor and managed to get 0.8 on a small 30cm camping dish bolted to a table. :)

I read that exact sentence several months back on another site when I set my dish up - word for word :grin:

Back