motorised sat and single feed setup query

something else I noticed,
not sure how relevant this might be,
but if I have [for instance] a DVB-C channel on my main box, [ which is the only one with a C tuner ] I can watch the same C channel on my slave box, if I then try and switch my main box to a different channel on DVB-C it tells me no spare tuner, so, once in client mode, NO box has primary control.

Dont think i will get that fault as boxes downstairs will be off if going to bed,or upstairs boxes will be off going downstairs.

Setting up et again dam ip has changed again as webif had no connection,with correct ip in tm box now sees client and working.

Dont think i will get that fault as boxes downstairs will be off if going to bed,or upstairs boxes will be off going downstairs.
its not a problem to me as such.
but I was continually switching off one box or the other if, for instance I was going outside for a smoke, and wanted to watch a cable channel in the workshop,
I discovered by accident that I can have them both on the same cable channel with no issues, suits me fine, as its the same program I'd want to continue watching anyway.

I think i need more cable feeds in from fixed dish to allow recordings setup and still leave motor on a different sat to record there also.

Back