Motorised

woody6222

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
My box drives the motor OK ish, albeit slowly and uses a brick type PSU 12V- 3.5A. Question is ... If I use a 12V- 5.0A brick type PSU will it damage the box or the motor and will it drive the motor any faster?

Just before you go out an buy and new power supply I think the dish drive speed can change dependent on which image you use. I use a solo4k with external power pack and I change images regularally and I can here the difference in drive speeds between images. I have even seen images where it is possible to change the drive speed of the motor.

Just before you go out an buy and new power supply I think the dish drive speed can change dependent on which image you use. I use a solo4k with external power pack and I change images regularally and I can here the difference in drive speeds between images. I have even seen images where it is possible to change the drive speed of the motor.
Thanks for reply ..... I use VIX and the rotor is already on fast speed.

5 amps is the maximum that the power supply is capable of supplying. It will only supply what the motor requires.
I use a 5.0 amp power supply on my zgemma h2s. The original was only 2.5 amp.
Cheers Willo..... New 12V-5amp brick on order:):(y):

I put led strip lights in my kitchen and got a 12v 5a brick adapter in every kit with the right connectors :grin:

I put led strip lights in my kitchen and got a 12v 5a brick adapter in every kit with the right connectors :grin:
The company I ordered from has 12V-6amp ones at half price of the one ordered but didn't notice notice til was too late. Might get one anyway as standby.

Always handy to have a spare. The ones that come with most boxes these days are rubbish and only supply enough power to run the box.
I'm convinced USB hdd's tip them over the edge.

If this helps speed up my motor, the info may be beneficial to the people with zgemma's struggling to drive motors.

Always handy to have a spare. The ones that come with most boxes these days are rubbish and only supply enough power to run the box.
I'm convinced USB hdd's tip them over the edge.
I'd totally agree with that,
in fact almost anything requiring a PSU, its the smallest possible size PSU they can get away with,
I suppose if they can save 1£ on every PSU it soon turns into a LOT of money with the amount of stuff they shift

btw @woody6222 where are the half price PSU's ? :)

As I said ^^^^ up there I didn't notice the cheaper one untill after I had paid £11.?? for one I wanted, however I have searched the site and I cannot find it
so I think it must have been one of these adverts that says 'people who bought this also looked at these'. A search of the auction site brings up loads of 12v 5a and 12v 6a at around £5 to £6 so take your pick. If you want to know the site I get mine from let me know.

As I said ^^^^ up there I didn't notice the cheaper one untill after I had paid £11.?? for one I wanted, however I have searched the site and I cannot find it
so I think it must have been one of these adverts that says 'people who bought this also looked at these'. A search of the auction site brings up loads of 12v 5a and 12v 6a at around £5 to £6 so take your pick. If you want to know the site I get mine from let me know.

thanks bud, its fine, at that sort of money it is probably not switched mode anyway,
but thanks anyway, I'll have a search

plan ahead man
plan ahead,,,,,,,, ;)
I could not be a-sed going out all week and was getting a wee bit pished off with sausages ,kippers and crap chicken fillets from farm foods out of the freezer so I had to go before all the screaming kids and ignorant parents hit Tesco in the morning.:):(y):

I could not be a-sed going out all week and was getting a wee bit pished off with sausages ,kippers and crap chicken fillets from farm foods out of the freezer so I had to go before all the screaming kids and ignorant parents hit Tesco in the morning.:):(y):
Prioritise man,
I thought you meant beer,
Let them starve,!!!!

Back