Moved Zgemma to my dad's house and no picture?

Had my zgemma all setup at home on a 720p tv and decided to take the box to my father's house to show him it all setup, got there plugged everything on and no picture nothing? box booted up but no signal to screen?

brought box back home and everything's fine? any ideas what's wrong and how I can set it up so works on my dad's tv? is it cause his tv is 1080p? I thought the box would recognise that itself?

What setting can I change if it is a resolution problem so I can get it to play on his tv?

thanks

vix or atv? changing from 720p to 1080i should do it though. alternatively use a scart cable and keep flicking between the options and unplugging the scart to see if it recognizes the hdmi

no scart output on the H.2S,

if you have an old phono lead connect the yellow video port on back of box to yellow on TV.......... then go to your AV options on TV

btw is the dish etc ok there? Can give a similar problem you have.

Yes its ATV, yes his dish is fine it worked again straight away as soon as plugged back in. Will I get a picture on his tv using yellow phono lead? think I have one of them somewhere.

Yes you should - you will have to grab the TV`s remote and scroll through the AV options,

set the zgemma on a free channel first just in case

Tried to set this up again on dad's tv and still no signal? plugged a video phono lead in and got a picture but no settings I changed brought the signal through HDMI? anyone any other ideas?

try a different hdmi input? most tvs have at least two nowadays. if its working via the phono leads (red, white and yellow to get picture AND sound) then its an issue with either the tv or your hdmi lead

Make sure hdmi is plugged in firmly. I got a second box and cable and it wasnt working. Just as you described.

For me I was being too delicate pushing the cable in.

Had my zgemma all setup at home on a 720p tv and decided to take the box to my father's house to show him it all setup, got there plugged everything on and no picture nothing? box booted up but no signal to screen?

brought box back home and everything's fine? any ideas what's wrong and how I can set it up so works on my dad's tv? is it cause his tv is 1080p? I thought the box would recognise that itself?

What setting can I change if it is a resolution problem so I can get it to play on his tv?

thanks
Resolution wont make any difference as it would still show a picture,if he is using a scart lead with an old or existing sky box then use a rca to scart adaptor

I know it's an old thread but just in case. I am having the same problem did you find a solution to this? I have it working on the other TV at the moment but when it goes off I will have to be lucky to get it back as it's comes and goes.

Hi have 2 boxes h2s and i55 both work at mine but when I took them to 2 different people houses, they dont work. Then I gave them to another person and they work fine? Any ideas please

Last edited:
Did you run a network test to see if box connects to internet.
What services are you running cable,sat or iptv?
Could router be on child safe mode?

Did you run a network test to see if box connects to internet.
What services are you running cable,sat or iptv?
Could router be on child safe mode?
Yes. Box not connecting. IPTV only and will check chid safe tomorrow as boxes still at other house and I’m in work all day and evening.

Thank you for reply

Yes with sat or cable you would have to have network test all green to work.
Unsure with iptv as never used it if that also needs or works around network test fail?others would need to clarify that who use those services.

Back