Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

How would I find if there is such a folder and if not how do I create one. Thx again

go into iptv player and scroll down to the cogs - on the next screen you should see the 'folder for cache data', highlight thaat and press OK, now browse to HDD, if you then see IPTVCache/ select it and then press green to apply, if you don't see it press blue button 'New dir' and create the folder.

go into iptv player and scroll down to the cogs - on the next screen you should see the 'folder for cache data', highlight thaat and press OK, now browse to HDD, if you then see IPTVCache/ select it and then press green to apply, if you don't see it press blue button 'New dir' and create the folder.
grog68.....Thought that was it, just needed reassurance. Done now and working. Thanks for being around to help numpties like me. Had an H2S for years and never a whisper, had the H5.2S less than a week and it's been firefighting every day. However, looks to be in some sort of shape now.
Thanks again......Phil

Hi.

I haven't read this whole thread, so apologies if this question has been asked/answered already ....

I've installed the movie organiser plugin on my Vu+, and it works. It has sorted all my recordings into folders - great. My problem is, I have to run it manually. Even though it's set to run every hour, it's not running on it's own.

Can anyone help?

Hi.

I haven't read this whole thread, so apologies if this question has been asked/answered already ....

I've installed the movie organiser plugin on my Vu+, and it works. It has sorted all my recordings into folders - great. My problem is, I have to run it manually. Even though it's set to run every hour, it's not running on it's own.

Can anyone help?
what build have you got installed on the box?
try changing to 15 minutes and then press green button. maybe timer hasnt started

Hi grog
I’m not sure if it’s due to running updates on my box as I haven’t had to touch the settings in the plugin for a long time but today I’ve tried opening the plugin and it’s continually crashing the box, this is on atv 6.1 and run an update yesterday, I can supply the crash log if needed.

Hi grog
I’m not sure if it’s due to running updates on my box as I haven’t had to touch the settings in the plugin for a long time but today I’ve tried opening the plugin and it’s continually crashing the box, this is on atv 6.1 and run an update yesterday, I can supply the crash log if needed.
My fault sorry, the plugin checks my server to see if there is a new version available, I hadn't realised the domain for the server was due for renewal and it expired yesterday. I have renewed it this morning and this has fixed the issue. I tried it on my box just now and the plugin is working again, however my box uses the google name servers, if you use your ISP's nameservers it may take a while for them to update.

Hi Grog68, me again......
I'm running Ver 2.10 of Movie Organisor. Note that you are at Ver 2.14 I think. Should I update? Is it simply downloading the ipk file and loading it and will all my present folders and files stay intact?
Cheers

Phil

Hi Grog68, me again......
I'm running Ver 2.10 of Movie Organisor. Note that you are at Ver 2.14 I think. Should I update? Is it simply downloading the ipk file and loading it and will all my present folders and files stay intact?
Cheers

Phil
if you open the plugin from plugin browser on the box, you can then press the blue button to update if an update is available.

Hi, i've recently updated my zgemma h2s to the latest ATV OS, (im sure there's a proper name for that)...
Unfortunately i cant get the really handy movie organisor plugin to work now?
I tried the .ipk download, ftp and install method, it finds it but then says 0 installed, 0 updated.. and doesn't appear anywhere..
Is it a version issue? or (the more likely), me being stupid?

Hi, i've recently updated my zgemma h2s to the latest ATV OS, (im sure there's a proper name for that)...
Unfortunately i cant get the really handy movie organisor plugin to work now?
I tried the .ipk download, ftp and install method, it finds it but then says 0 installed, 0 updated.. and doesn't appear anywhere..
Is it a version issue? or (the more likely), me being stupid?
make sure it's not actually installed, press the green button followed by the red button to take you to the removable plugins list and then select Extensions, is Movie Organisor listed? if so select it to remove it and then try installing again.

make sure it's not actually installed, press the green button followed by the red button to take you to the removable plugins list and then select Extensions, is Movie Organisor listed? if so select it to remove it and then try installing again.
Thanks for sugggestion, it’s not listed in the remove plugins list!?

Grog68, could you answer a quick question on Movie Organisor for me please.
I have just re-flashed my Zgemma H5.2S box to OpenATV and installed Movie Organisor as usual.
However, in the recorded file list when I try to delete a watched program it tells me that there is no trash folder and do I want to create one.
This I do and am able to delete the file. If I purge the trash, then next time I have to do this again.
Question is.....is it Movie Organisor causing this?????
Cheers
Phil

Grog68, could you answer a quick question on Movie Organisor for me please.
I have just re-flashed my Zgemma H5.2S box to OpenATV and installed Movie Organisor as usual.
However, in the recorded file list when I try to delete a watched program it tells me that there is no trash folder and do I want to create one.
This I do and am able to delete the file. If I purge the trash, then next time I have to do this again.
Question is.....is it Movie Organisor causing this?????
Cheers
Phil
this is nothing to do with the with the plugin.

Try, Menu -> Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Recording settings and then scroll down to 'Use Trash can in movie list' and set to yes, now set 'Remove items from trash can after (days)' to the number of days you want them to stay in the trash can before automatically purged. I personally set this to 2 and then press the green button to save.

If you want to purge the trash can rather than waiting for it to automatically then open up your file list and then select the Trash/Deleted Items folder and then delete each recording manually, don't delete the folder itself.

Obviously you can opt not to use the trash can, in which case the recordings should be deleted straight away.

Hi Grog68
Mine has a picture of a trash can. If I delete a file, it says no trash can directory found, do you want to create one? Reply yes and it creates a directory called trash can as well as the picture of a trash can. It remains as long as there are files in it, but when empty, the directory disappears leaving just the picture of a trash can, and so it goes, back to square one. That's what prompted my question as that behaviour is similar to Movie Organisor. Have checked the settings and they are all correct.

the fact you have two trashcans is worrying, I suggest you start a new thread as I've not encountered the issue and it's not related to this thread

Back