Moving channels into Favourites

Jolly Roger

I am trying to compile a channel list for channels received on the Pan European beam of the Astra 2 satellite.

I have managed to work out how to move channels into the 'Favourites' categories on the BM 5000s, but I have a problem with the ‘Sport’ category. There are 6 icons displayed on the screen and I eventually worked out what each of these represents. However, I cannot find one for sport.

Has anyone done this and can explain how to put channels into the ‘Sport’ category?

Have a read here

First bit is manual scanning followed by moving channels into groups
then moving the channel up and down a group.

Last edited:
Thanks Bees, that answers my question perfectly. What I can't understand is why they make it so complicated! Surely it would not be too hard to design an icon that looks like a sport, like a figure kicking a ball for instance!

Yeah, I know what you mean, they also have a channel editor on their website
which you can download, but I don't know anybody who has actually got it working lol

Have a read here

First bit is manual scanning followed by moving channels into groups
then moving the channel up and down a group.

Well, it didn't go quite according to plan! Following the instructions and counting 9 icons from the left, didn't give me the Sport category. Once the Category Groups have been set up by someone, it is difficult to tell what the icons represent.
Having said that, I now know how to find out which icon is which. Having noted which channel is in a Favourite Category, say Sky Sports 1 in Sport, follow 'Bees' instructions and find the Sky Sport 1 in All Satellite. It should have a Heart to show it has already been selected as a Favourite. Pressing the Fav button will bring up the icons and the highlighted one shows what Category it is in. In this way, I found out that the Sport Category was represented by the Shopping Trolley icon!!

Back