Moving current sat dish

Hi folks,

I am running v**gin atm on my box in the main room since s*y went mostly dead. I have two feeds running to the main room and one feed running to the kitchen from my s*y dish for FTA channels just as a backup or for kitchen viewing (also running IPTV)

My question is i have seen people meaning a euro cs server and wondering what would be involved in getting my current dish facing the right direction to pick up the euro channels?

My second question is what are the channels that are still available on that freq?

If it is going to be too big a job or I would be better getting a motorised dish in then that could also be an option.

Thanks in advance

I see multisat as having two options.

Option 1
1. Get a new sat dish, larger than a sky dish and have multiple LNBs on one dish. Each LNB points to a different satellite.

Advantages:
One box can be watching something from a channel from one satellite and another box can be watch a channel from the UK sat
It doesn't have any wait time to change channel as your LNBs are fixed to the satellites like your sky LNB is now.
Can record channels from different satellites at the same time.

Disadvantages:
A pain in the arse to setup and can be unsightly

Option 2
2. Install a motorised dish.

Advantages:
One LNB, still get a larger dish.
Easier to see multiple satellites as the dish will move to the correct satellite position once setup.

Disadvantages:
Need a motorised dish.
If one box is watching a channel from the UK, another box can't watch something on another satellite as the LNB is pointing to the UK sat.
Slow channel changes between satellites. If you want to watch something on another satellite, you will have to wait for the satellite dish to physically move to point to the right satellite for that channel.
Can only record a channel that the satellite dish is currently pointing to.

Some of us have multi LNB while others have motorised setups and some have two satellite dishes.

Nice one and very informative thanks for your post! How easy is it to swap an existing dish for a motorised dish in your opinion? I think motorised would probably be the easier setup going by what you have told me, wouldn't mind on the slower channel changes between sats etc.

I have only ever used UK channel lists for sat and cable so are there many useful channels on the euro side of things or is it mainly just for the sport people would use it? 3pms etc.

The simplest method would be to add
Another l.n.b to your existing dish for
19.2 east Purchase a twin tunner box
Zgemma h2s formular f1 etc Run twin
Cable configure tunner a for 19.2 east
And tunner b for 28.2 east purchase European server to unlock the channels
Loads off good movies and football
On 19.2 in hd

I had 3 lnbs on my zone two sky dish

I have 13, 19, 28
The dish was pointed at 19
So right in the middle

As said above. There is loads of English on tv shows and movies
Sport not much in English but some

Yo can get the f1 in 4K even with out English audio
Can be hard to setup just takes loads of fine moving around
And work out what is the best balance

But it a nice wee project

Just incase you aren't aware, you wont be able to get uk versions of the channels you've lost by pointing your dish at another satellite.

Theres a few new channels on 19e now showing EPL games and yesterday there were a few championship games on with english commentary, maybe need to rescan and see if they come in, think moviestar football was 19e or was it 13e not sure, most if not all of your polish sports will be on 13e hotbird.

DAZN 1 Bar HD, M.LCAMPEONES & M. FUTBOL 19e showed EPL yesterday, albeit the same matches, DAZN 2 Bar HD showed two championship matches, both with English commentary, German super cup on atm on M. Futbol & M.LCAMPEONES with English commentary, (Frankfurt v Bayern),
PSG V Caen on DAZN 1 Bar HD, USPGA Golf on M. Golf HD & SS 2 HD as well.

Back