Moving from openvix to openatv

Hi guys I am having issues with openvix so have decided to go to openatv.
Just a number of questions:

If I go from openvix to openatv can I keep all my recordings on my internal HDD??

Is it easy to transfer my Cline over?

Is there a step to step guide to do all this?

Thanks again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

in short....Yes Yes & Yes
are you intending to make your own image or use one of the backups available from the downloads section?

in short....Yes Yes & Yes
are you intending to make your own image or use one of the backups available from the downloads section?
Thanks for this I would like to try a backup of openatv 6.1 first to test. Would it work on my vu+ Ultimo 4k?

I think WB may have a backup build for VU but not sure about your model, unsure IF anyone else has a backup for your box, have a look in the download section. If you make a backup before you begin you can always roll it back. Use a different usb to flash the box then mount your original drive when setting back up but do not initialise it or you will lose whats on it. If your box is working you can ftp the backup image you want to flash with directly onto the box instead of using a usb to flash, simply ftp the image to your backups folder then use the remote to access it & flash.

Last edited:
You won’t see much difference really
And some will say your taking a step down

Is your setup pre made or your own

It was pretty much my own everything was going well for 3 months noticed last 2 days each time I would press EPG or load a recording the box would crash

Ye it's the newest version of openvix but I have alot of skins etc loaded.

Each time I update I keep settings and plugins.
Maybe I should do a complete fresh install not keeping settings or plugins??

Back