1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to VM - What do I need?

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by BeardedKing, May 16, 2017.

1. BeardedKing

BeardedKing Member

Oh really?? Hmmmmmm right I'm gonna check this out.

I also checked and found this - The DigiCipher 2 encryption standard was cracked in 2016

But yeah, I'm kinda put off now :(

2. BeardedKing

BeardedKing Member

Oh really?? Hmmmmmm right I'm gonna check this out.

I also checked and found this - The DigiCipher 2 encryption standard was cracked in 2016

But yeah, I'm kinda put off now :(

3. millerkev

millerkev Member

also for a less costly tuner the zgemma h5.2tc is twin cable tuner

4. BeardedKing

BeardedKing Member

Technomate boxes are decent but not the best.

Openvix is just the image (Operating System)

Doran754 likes this.
  5. Doran754

Doran754 Member

Let me know what you end up going for and what you think of it, I don't wanna be spending much more than £100-£200 I read somewhere zGemma doesn't support openvix.

6. BeardedKing

BeardedKing Member

Yeah no probs I will :)

7. webz1984

webz1984 Member

sly 1 has gone now with various other channels :( does anyone no if this will work with bt cable ? i see lot of people moving over to vw and splitting the cable , say if you wanted to run multi room and u split the cable twice , is that possible ?
    cuz sly are cutting the channels surely there is a possibility vw will latch on to this ?
    iv tried iptv isn't all that great watching sport the frame rate does not calibrate with the picture very well at all with fast movements ... films ect its fine i found iptv is just a stream down of content which in fact isn't the best quality.
    if sly & vw wasn't so expensive then we all wouldn't be here doing what we do. haha robing fuckers

8. millerkev

millerkev Member

hi mate from my understanding you need a vm cable line not a bt one
    if and when you get a sub for vm to a vm box with vm cable i am sure you can obtain a multiroom sub
    hope that help
    i got iptv at present and agree with all you say about it.. but for now with people with no way of getting vm into the house its still the best option

9. webz1984

webz1984 Member

iv got a gigablue box so i just need to buy the module but not sure what one ?
    Hybrid DVB-C DVB-T Plug and Play Tuner Module
    Hybrid DVB-C DVB-T2 Plug and Play Tuner Module
    Twin Hybrid DVB-C / DVB-T2 Plug and Play Tuner Module

i understand the sub side of things , my concern is about the cable if u split it once downstairs to get two feeds from one cable , how can u run a box upstairs ?

yeah i agree with that not everyone is in a vw area so people become very limited.

i dont wanna move over to vw broadband as iv heard it drops out quite a lot & seems to have a lot of issues.
    thats one option of splitting the broadband fibre optic cable if going down that route i guess

surely tho must be easier to get vm installed then cancel it within the trial period ,
    Has anyone had any issues cancel vm ?

10. BeardedKing

BeardedKing Member

Right so I bought a Mutant HD51 with 2 x DVB-C T/T2 off WoS and I actually cannot wait for it to arrive

Doran754 likes this.
  11. sad ken

sad ken Member

I can help yous out with cable enquiries and set ups
    ..i will be online here at 3pm if anyone needs any help :fuckyou:

Doran754 and Socerraid like this.
  12. BeardedKing

BeardedKing Member

Awesome man really appreciate it however I doubt I'll have my box until next week.

13. spurs1989

spurs1989 Member

Hi guys,
    I've also moved to VM on a zgemma H2H. Got a test line added, put in the area ID needed (Preston) and set the same for autobouquet maker. Once the channels have scanned, I'm only picking up channels 1 to 5. Mgcamd is running but no picture on other channels such as sky1.

Any advise would be great.
    Cheers

14. ste

ste Forum Supporter

Only channels 1-5 are freeview in the uk on these boxes so it's an issue with your test line... is the test line still active as they usually only last 24 hours from when you receive it.

15. timland1888

timland1888 Member

im in the same boat , switching to cable but not sure what box to buy ???

any ideas

16. ste

ste Forum Supporter

H2.H (single cable tuner) or H5.2TC (twin cable tuner)

millerkev and Doran754 like this.
  17. sad ken

sad ken Member

Im using a blade combo on vm....all good here :thumbsup:

18. ste

ste Forum Supporter

Thought you had the V8 Golden? ... this works fine for cable but obviously isn't Enigma2.

19. sad ken

sad ken Member

Got both mate but keep the blade as my main box.....golden for the bedroom. :thumbsup:

20. ste

ste Forum Supporter

Ah, I see. Is the blade enigma 2 or closed source like the golden?

21. joe516

joe516 Member

closed source