Moving to VM - What do I need?

my thoughts now in having now a twin cable tuner + and twin sats one going to other fixed dish and other motorised dish could come in handy and box can also run iptv with gig lan.
thinking ahead can cover more things and wont leave you with blank screen.

my thoughts now in having now a twin cable tuner + and twin sats one going to other fixed dish and other motorised dish could come in handy and box can also run iptv with gig lan.
thinking ahead can cover more things and wont leave you with blank screen.

So guys, let me get this right...

VM don't broadcast in my area but other cable companies do - BT, Talk Talk..etc. Are you saying that I won't be able to buy a line and hook up to the VM package unless there's a dedicated VM line coming in?

Or can it still be done via the non-VM cable that we have in this area?

So guys, let me get this right...

VM don't broadcast in my area but other cable companies do - BT, Talk Talk..etc. Are you saying that I won't be able to buy a line and hook up to the VM package unless there's a dedicated VM line coming in?

Or can it still be done via the non-VM cable that we have in this area?

Lol you need a VM line to get VM mate

Ok cheers mate. Thought I might just be able to fudge it through standard cable. Just for clarity, I am talking about a 'gift' line, not subscribing to VM directly..

As said, to be able to get VM cable services, you will need a VM cable coming into your home and also a box with a cable tuner - once you have these, you will then need a cable gift.

As said, to be able to get VM cable services, you will need a VM cable coming into your home and also a box with a cable tuner - once you have these, you will then need a cable gift.
Thanks for clarifying that. Looks like IPTV it is then for now. :(

So glad I found this site I'll be getting a VM box haven't quite figured out which one yet,I'm in ireland.have always had sky so VM gonna be a bit of a mystery anyone any decent links on how to set up a box I haven't a breeze

Last edited:
To get your cable sub up and running you need an active vm line . Box with cable tuners , rf conectors for your cable .if you already have vm modem then you line is active just need a splitter for cable and box with cable tuners , there also also guide by bees for set and plenty of top notch guys here with great knowhow to help ......

Back