MTPockets OpenATV 4.2 2015/08/23 Zgemma Star 2S / 2 / H1 / H2 Backup4

mtpockets

TK Veteran
Hi Guys
,​

Sorry but MTPockets OpenATV Build for the Zgemma 2S is no longer available
(It was significantly out of date and I don't have the time to produce a new version).

Please instead consider either following KiddaC's step by step (Guinea Pigs) guide to set up your own box exactly as you want it.

or

Install one of the other wonderful backups available here on Techkings
such as Wooshbuilds ATV or Sucmnsees Vix

I'm still here on the forum and will continue to help out where & when I can.

Hopefully this build will have helped many get into the wonderful world of Enigma2 and brought many of you to this fantastic site that is TechKings.

To all that used MTPockets backups best regards, good luck and Peace Out!
:cheers:

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 307
  • epg.jpg
    epg.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 398
  • bootloader1.jpg
    bootloader1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Looks good, I'm using sucmnsee's 165 image with a 2tb hdd

If I reflash my box with this image, can I reconnect my 2tb hdd with no problems and will I still be able to access all my recordings?

Is adding timers and auto timers similar on openatv compared to vix that I'm using at present?

If I reflash my box with this image, can I reconnect my 2tb hdd with no problems and will I still be able to access all my recordings?
Yes mate, I use a 2Tb Tosh so no problem and both ViX and OpenATV share a linux base so recognised formats etc. are the same.

Is adding timers and auto timers similar on openatv compared to vix that I'm using at present?
From what I can remember it's identical.

Looks great mate.

Can I do add the RED HD skin through plugins for VM on this?

KODI on the sucnmsee 165 doesn't work for me but it works good with this one?

I often have to reset cams in the tspanel on the 165 image, does this take away that problem?

Thanks alot

have i done something wrong , i thought the picons would replace the channel 'text' or is the way it is ?

That's the way it should be - what if one of the picons were to be missing?

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 PM ----------

Looks great mate.
Glad you like it (y)

Can I do add the RED HD skin through plugins for VM on this?
Loads of different skins available...haven't checked if VM is though

KODI on the sucnmsee 165 doesn't work for me but it works good with this one?
As well as it can on these boxes, it's slow but works dependant on the addons being good, you may need a VPN dependant on your internet provider.

I often have to reset cams in the tspanel on the 165 image, does this take away that problem?
It should do...cams built in to tspanel are not designed for this box and although they work to a degree it's not the proper way. This way should be better but it may be a problem with your line or your home network setup too.

MTPockets I haven't forgotten you for the info in other thread. No time to do anything. Will try this new setup and let you know how I get on. Thanks a lot.

Hi, where do you get the picons from, or are they in the image. I'm using the image from June and never got the picons to work :(

PS. Thanks BTW, I have great appreciation of the effort that goes in to make this image, test and then advise all us noobs. Super job mtpockets.

Hi, where do you get the picons from, or are they in the image. I'm using the image from June and never got the picons to work

Picons available with the download, it's an optional extra with the new backup, TBH I can't remember where I sourced them from but they should run in the older version. If you try and fail setting them up just flash the new backup - there's a number of other improvements too!

MTPockets . A simple question from a simpleton, at the end of your setup it say's REBOOT does that mean Power Off then back on or is it simply a restart? I'm getting there I think!

Just a restart mate, thanks for pointing out the unclear instruction will amend accordingly!! Hope all goes ok for you :)

Instructions now amended!

Last edited:
hello and thanks very very verg good work MTPockets . I have great appreciation of the effort that goes in to make this image.
there is no folder where u can save kodi direct favourite(say if one link is working and u want to add to favourite . and easy to go back click on link ) i cant seem to find

MTPockets, Thank you for your help. I have managed to enter the line after about 50 attempts, 135a 138 CCcam you name it I did it. I gave in in the end and switched the box off, thought I would start all over again and surprise surprise switched on box the line had entered.

Great set up, thanks. Just one more thing, how do I change the weather region? (You always get one).

how do I change the weather region? please

GREEN (plugins list), then set from the weather plugin

---------- Post Merged at 07:58 PM ----------

Hi! Could anyone explain why it is so important not to restart with the restart GUI command please!

Restart - restarts the whole system
Restart GUI - only restarts the graphical user interface so will make changes to the skin, epg etc and that's about it

some files on installation require a complete restart

GREEN (plugins list), then set from the weather plugin

---------- Post Merged at 07:58 PM ----------

Hi! Could anyone explain why it is so important not to restart with the restart GUI command please!

Restart - restarts the whole system
Restart GUI - only restarts the graphical user interface so will make changes to the skin, epg etc and that's about it

some files on installation require a complete restart

Thank you MTPockets for the GUI explanation, I don't know what half of the abbrev' mean.

I did the weather thing but it only changes between Manchester and Leeds, have I set up something wrong somewhere in the set up?

That bootloader looks so much better. ;) I notice you have gone for version 1 though. I did a version 2 that was slightly neater.
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/74990-hd-bootloader-graphic-mtpockets-backup-image.html

Thanks to the efforts of yours, sucmnsees and bobs backups I have now been able to experiment in the last week without the use of backup images. I have finally set up my zgemma from scratch. It really isn't that difficult once you know what everyone else is or isn't including. I am now personally using OpenATV 5.0 with full software update, softcams, xmltv-importer for epg, autobouquets E2 for bouquets, cacheflush, blue hd skin, dream-explorer. Kodi, Tspanel, Tsmedia were to troublesome and buggy for me, so I left them out of my final install. I think my zgemma seems a lot more stable and responsive because of the lack of these media portals. (that's what my laptop is for ;) )

I would highly recommend mtpockets backup image as I had very little if any problems at all with it. And 2 weeks ago I was a complete noob to all of this. Good install instructions, good response to peoples problems. I definitely prefer the openatv over VIX, just seems so much more stable. And you can click that golden button.... software update.

Thanks weather thing all ok .

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 PM ----------

there is no,, Favourites,, folder on my kodi direct. or i cant see one any help .please

Back