mtpockets OpenATV4.2 for Zgemma Star 2S 20150403

Im using the Open ATV image from back in july, which is working perfect but i never set up a usb for recording. If i want to do it now do i just follow these 3 steps? thanks.

1) Initialise your USB pen drive.....(BLUE Button, scroll down to Hardisk, Initialisation) then (Convert Ext3 to Ext4)

2) Now check it's mounted.... (Mounts, Device Manager, GREEN Button, BLUE Button, Exit on remote then RED button)

8) Create USB swapfile - 256mb
(MENU, Infopanel, Plugins, SwapManager, GREEN, Select your drive, 256Mb, takes a couple of mins to create, once created choose RED to activate and YELLOW to autostart, then exit)

yes follow those steps but you should have had a usb in regardless of recording to store abm and crossepg to prevent box memory getting full if it does it may brick the box

Hi MT thank you for the upload and guide. Has anyone encountered this problem, the freeview HD channels suchas bbc one have no sound although the BT sports HD channel has sound, anyone any solutions thank you in advance

Hi MT thank you for the upload and guide. Has anyone encountered this problem, the freeview HD channels suchas bbc one have no sound although the BT sports HD channel has sound, anyone any solutions thank you in advance

Press the audio button on your remote and select a different audio source and all will be good.... There's a setting somewhere in the menu system that makes this permanent but off the top of my head I can't remember where sorry!

Hi can you add a cline manually on the zgemma if you can how ?

---------- Post Merged at 02:09 PM ----------

If you mean via the remote or USB then no you can't - plenty of threads on here of how to do it with an FTP client such as filezilla (and I think if you've windows 10 you can even do from the filemanager)

Can't you download file explorer or something similar then you can do it by remote but I find ftp easyer because you can copy and paste less chance of putting it in wrong

Help

Been trying for days to set up this box going to try this. hopefully it will work
Version Updated

The new version is in the downloads section HERE

And the discussion thread

Tried to flash image it did then it rebooted shows the sly at start when it reaches 00 its blank tried reboot still same. Placed previous image back worked but all softcam options gone cant download in plugins or even ftp into tmp.will not connect to server, WTF is going on??

It could be av settings write down your boxes ip reflash then put your boxes ip in Web browser this will go on open webif have a look through the settings to change the resolution

nope no joy did not see ip in websearch. Box is now blank on tv image flashed again. DCC will not connect socket in back shows amber and green light flashing. I need an image containing softcams for zgemmas2 all I have tried has no softcams installed and no option to download tried ipk them from stick warning no softcams available to download in plugins although I green ticked and installed. Can some one point me in the direction of openatv 4.2 with all softcams in please.

It does sound like both av setting and network issues if you can't connect to box. If you can't ftp box your going to have problems inputting line details hopefully someone can help you out

---------- Post Merged at 09:48 PM ----------

Have you got a ip address for your box menu information

@mtpockets. First of all this is my fave build out all the ones on this forum. Ive just downloaded Thomas's 5.1 build which looks fantastic with kiddacs new skin on it. One thing i noticed with other images (open atv) is that when i run autoboquets i get a whole bunch of non working hd channels on the top of my sports/ movies which is annoying.

on your 4.2 build. all the non working hd channels in sports and movies etc have all been taken out even when i run autoboquets with settings suggested by kiddas in his guide to build an image from scratch. Is there something you have used to prevent the non working hd channels from appearing in the channel list in the 4.2 build?

Hi Guys,

Like many I'm very happy with the build but I'm having premium EPG issues with the latest build.
In case your not aware of the issue the most of the FTA EPG is filled out but the premium's are blank, If I change
to a premium channel the now and next for said channel appears in the EPG.

Reading the earlier comments from Derekjf and Steve zg I've come to realize this is because there isn't a valid source
for the EPG. In my xmltv importer settings I only have the 2 satmate options - If I enable the UK one I get a completely
blank EPG. Back to the comments mentioned above - I went hunting for the RytecUK xml plugin, Steve zg said he found it under
Plugin Downloads>Extensions>XMLTV Rytek UK but had an error trying to install it.

I can't find any reference to anything XML related in the plugin downloader menu's....

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Like many I'm very happy with the build but I'm having premium EPG issues with the latest build.
In case your not aware of the issue the most of the FTA EPG is filled out but the premium's are blank, If I change
to a premium channel the now and next for said channel appears in the EPG.

Reading the earlier comments from Derekjf and Steve zg I've come to realize this is because there isn't a valid source
for the EPG. In my xmltv importer settings I only have the 2 satmate options - If I enable the UK one I get a completely
blank EPG. Back to the comments mentioned above - I went hunting for the RytecUK xml plugin, Steve zg said he found it under
Plugin Downloads>Extensions>XMLTV Rytek UK but had an error trying to install it.

I can't find any reference to anything XML related in the plugin downloader menu's....

Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Theres a solution in this thread
http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=79932

Just flashed my box with ATV 4.2, loads ATV screen logo, but stays on blank screen after counting to 100, any idea what the prob is and is there a fix.

VFDControl error

Been using openatv since I first got my zgemma around 4 months ago and I decided to try the openvix images and encounterd issues so I decided to reflash with openatv again.

Everything is running fine, EPG, timeshift/recordings, all channels etc - however I am getting a random error listed below. This seems to happen after about an hour or 2 of leaving the box on and it will hang on the error screen, it creates 1 error log for the actual error screen then creates endless small error logs until the box is restarted from the back. It then boots fine and works ok until the next hang.

Literally banging my head now and wondering if it's something to do with hardware as it's setup exactly as it was working a week ago. Any help is appreciated very much!

Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Broken startcode
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/VFDControl/plugin.py”, line 122, invrime
File “/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/VFDControl/plugin.py”, line 110, in prikaz
File “/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/VFDControl/plugin.py”, line 28, in vfd_write
IOError:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/dev/dbox/oled0’
(PyObject_CallObject{<bound method Channelnumber.vrime of <Plugins.SystemPlugins.VFDControlplugin.Channelnumber instance at 0x2d8cf30>>,()) failed)

Back