mtpockets OpenATV4.2 for Zgemma Star 2S 20150403

i managed to find it when nosing around all the sections i should probably leave alone lol..... SETUP. SYSTEM .EXTENDED SYSTEM .OSD SETTINGS.BUTTON SETUP... i went straight in trying to click up and down and stuff, but you have to click on the button you want to change.... :grin:

When doing the complete backup does this have to stay under 125,000,000 bytes?

I noticed you had to keep the flash image under this size so was wondering if the complete backup was the flash image?

Answers to both yes mate. Next from your backup copy the kernel.bin file and paste/overwrite into a freshly downloaded image from the zgemma.tv site then copy all of this to your freshly formatted stick. (all the files created by the backup process don't seem to work but the kernel.bin file does and that's the important one).

Hi

on epg the sly list is in order but the numbers do not correspond with the channel line up like sly one is not 106. Can someone point me in right direction, thanks

Is XMLTV working fine for the EPG? I'm coming from a Skybox and XMLTV stopped working a while back with errors about decompression.

Also, my EPG is showing the Sky channels numbers as i wanted but the actual channel numbers are completely different when inputting them manually. How can i get them matching up with the EPG numbers?

Edit: never mind it's working now just had to scan auto bouquets.

Last edited:
Channel List editing, Panic Button and Deep Standby

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the answers/solution to these...

image and epg etc update in deep standby?

Setting of Panic Button (pressing button 0) clearing history zap and returning to 101 (like sucmnsee image)?

Channel list editing - seeking to put e.g. Setanta Ireland as ch423 etc?

hi. just got my box today and new to the forum. thank you very much for the tutorial and download. looks really good

Ive ftp'd a notepad file saved as CCcam.cfg into keys (deleted sample) when i go blue, softcam, soft cam panel it only states CCcam2.3.0, went back on filezilla and notepad file is present on the box under usr/keys....

my line looks something like this

C: cam3.uk-vsh.eu *****************
C: cam2.uk-vsh.eu *****************

any ideas? everything running sweet up to this point

Last edited:
Ive ftp'd a notepad file saved as CCcam.cfg into keys (deleted sample) when i go blue, softcam, soft cam panel it only states CCcam2.3.0, went back on filezilla and notepad file is present on the box under usr/keys....

my line looks something like this

C: cam3.uk-vsh.eu *****************
C: cam2.uk-vsh.eu *****************

any ideas? everything running sweet up to this point

cccam.cfg you have to edit with your nline then fxp it to etc folder like I was saying before. then go and restart the cccam2.3.0 cam.

Hi guys, thanks for getting back to me, I put both cams into wordpad and saved as CCcam.cfg which looked like below

C: cam3.uk-vsh.eu 18501************
C: cam2.uk-vsh.eu 18004 ***********

I ftp this file onto box (usr/keys), I restarted the box, softcam panel...tried restart as only thing there is CCcam.2.3.0....information/yellow key, looked under usr/keys...nothing there at all.....if I go onto filezilla to view box the notepad file shows up on there, but not able to view it through box, tried deleting it and doing it again with no joy...baring in mind thats the only text ive got on wordpad

Last edited:
Hi guys, thanks for getting back to me, I put both cams into wordpad and saved as CCcam.cfg which looked like below

C: cam3.uk-vsh.eu 18501************
C: cam2.uk-vsh.eu 18004 ***********

I ftp this file onto box (usr/keys), I restarted the box, softcam panel...tried restart as only thing there is CCcam.2.3.0....information/yellow key, looked under usr/keys...nothing there at all.....if I go onto filezilla to view box the notepad file shows up on there, but not able to view it through box, tried deleting it and doing it again with no joy...baring in mind thats the only text ive got on wordpad

I would make sure your file settings in PC Windows are set to show file extensions, maybe you are actually saving the file as CCcam.cfg.txt
do this by opening control panel in PC windows (set view by to large icons), then folder options, view, then untick "hide extensions for known file types"

now you can delete the .txt if its there

---------- Post Merged at 12:44 AM ----------

mtpockets, great image, just got my box delivered today, was on skybox F5, great improvement, followed your thread and all up and running nicely. One question though, how do I install channel icons?

Hi mate, you where right about show file extensions for knows file types, the doc was .txt as the end, changed it to just .cfg....ftp'd it across, restarted box, soft cam panel, only thing on there is

select cam 1 CCcam2.3.0

So i press yellow, then yellow again to select location, look in internal flash under usr/keys var/keys and its till not in there, baring in mind ive not installed any cams etc as as of MTpockets latest opeatv I thought I just went straight into panel, as previous post I only have two cams on two separate lines of text in the .cfg file, ......lost now, cant work out why the box is not picking the cfg file up

All I did was ftp connect to the box, find your ip address of the box in system, then I used filezilla, ip address from box in left box then the user boz i think type root, I then dragged my ccam.cfg file over into the vars keys folder where there is another .cfg.example or similar which you can just leave there then restarted box. I didnt need to do anything else !

I suggest reflashing to get you back to the beginning in case you have changed somthing, do your Ccam file again, do this by right clicking on windows desktop New Text Document and try again (dont use word pad, its notepad). I am also a total noob at this btw

Ive just done as you said and it still wont appear, iv tried it a few times with no luck at all, totally confused me tbh....I deleted the sample cam soon as I seen it, wonder if this had a bearing? im hoping one of the experienced guys have a solution, cheers for the help though mate

just reflashed box, added CCcam.cfg through ftp on filezilla all premium channels are just a black screen, looked for files on box via explorer in ts panel and the files are there but premium channels are black screens, if the camline is picked up and not working would they be scrambled?

Last edited:
I'm not completely satisfied with the picture quality of SD. When there's a black screen you can see it's quite grainy compared to when I had a Skybox before. Anyone else have this or is it likely to be an issue with the box?

Picons

Please could someone tell me how do I install picons to this image?

Also , media portal wants to update but keeps giving me a blue crash screen when trying to update, should i remove the plugin and try reinstall?

Thanks

Back