mtpockets OpenATV4.2 for Zgemma Star 2S 20150403

@mtpockets, expecting my S2 arriving in the next couple of days.

Quick question - can the USB drive for the EPG, etc, live permanently in the front USB port? I've got one of those tiny 4GB Sandisk jobbies and reckon it will fit and the door close on it, so I can use a 1TB USB HDD round the back for recordings and TS

Do-able in your opinion?

I should be receiving my ZGemma any day now, and will definitely flash mtpockets' ATV image. Thanks for sharing.

A quick question. In your guide to installation you mention leaving a USB stick mounted for the EPG, etc, to live on. Can this USB stick occupy the front USB socket? I have a tiny 4GB Sandisk which I think would fit in there and allow the door to close, which means I can shove my 1TB USB HDD round the back for recording and TS duties.

Is that do-able?

A quick question. In your guide to installation you mention leaving a USB stick mounted for the EPG, etc, to live on. Can this USB stick occupy the front USB socket? I have a tiny 4GB Sandisk which I think would fit in there and allow the door to close, which means I can shove my 1TB USB HDD round the back for recording and TS duties.

Is that do-able?

Yes it's do-able - fear naught! In OpenATV disk management is done via the blue button then pressing up on your remote. You can also use a powered usb hub in the rear if the front door won't shut with your little USB flash drive. Some say it's ok to put epg etc on hard disk and it probably is but personally I'm not happy about the disk constantly spinning up and writing to the same area all the time.

Good Luck!

Excellent news. Not had an enigma2 box before so I'm quite looking forward to learning lots of new stuff. I've got some Unix skills so know my way around the file structure. Should have the box in the next 2 days. ;)

For the past week none of the Sky Movie channels have been getting the 7 day EPG but all the other channels seem fine. Anyone else having this? Anyway to fix this? thanks.

For the past week none of the Sky Movie channels have been getting the 7 day EPG but all the other channels seem fine. Anyone else having this? Anyway to fix this? thanks.

It seems to be a problem on all Enigma2 builds at the moment including Vix, OpenATV and ItalySat and I presume others. Not sure of the cause yet but think it may be something to do with different channel ID numbers as HD epg seems ok.

Last edited:
How do you get channel sly channel numbers in the epg? I've searched everywhere and even deleted the epg data and rescanned but can't find the setting. I'm using OpenAtv 5 with all current updates. Thanks

Having a free issues flash this image seems to get stuck on BOOT

Pressed front on/off button when USB appears FLSH then appears for about 3 minutes then changes to BOOT
BOOT seem to say on but doesn’t start, left it over 10 minutes but nothing happens

How long does BOOT normal stay on after flashing before box starts to work?

Just not sure what was happening , tried both H1 & 2S. Left H1 and flashed 2S 6 or 7 times before if work, but box never reboot had to manually switch it off. Works well expert when reboots or restarts it seems to go into standby, have to press red button twice to get it out of standby. Apart from that love all the tweaks, even most of my movie files worked straight away, a couple of time they just went black, ran cacheflush and then worked. Fine work. Thank you.

Have tried vix image with both boxes and same USB, both flashed straight away and rebooted. All worked from start.

Mine does the "turn it on twice" thing too. I managed to break into that process and it told me it was running the cacheflush MTPockets puts into his build, so I suspect it is doing a little tidying up on first run and then shutting down again. Maybe there is a setting in the cacheflush plug-in to tell it not to turn off when it has finished?

Mine does the "turn it on twice" thing too. I managed to break into that process and it told me it was running the cacheflush MTPockets puts into his build, so I suspect it is doing a little tidying up on first run and then shutting down again. Maybe there is a setting in the cacheflush plug-in to tell it not to turn off when it has finished?

I faced this issue aswel and couldn't find a way to resolve it so flashed Bob image instead. Hopefully mtpockets can look into this and resolve it.

Been using MTpockets ATV image for the past week and its been really good. I got fed up of the $ky skin though so went to MetrixHD on Sunday morning, which is very nice indeed.

However, my box is now running very slow. A check on the memory reveals only 1900kb free bytes of flash memory, and despite running a 512Mb swapfile it says I have that amount of swapfile free. Is it not using the swapfile?

I did have a bit of a faff setting up a 1TB HDD on the rear USB port for recording/timeshift and a 16GB USB on the front port for swap. Could I have mucked something up? I'd really like to avoid having to backup my settings and reflash a clean OpenATV build. Any advice gratefully received.

ive been having a slight problem, when i flash everything is fine except no audio.... i can turn the audio on through Audio->Digital Downmix->On but when i turn the box off the sound setting switches back to off, any ideas how to keep this on even when i turn it off? thanks

I did have a bit of a faff setting up a 1TB HDD on the rear USB port for recording/timeshift and a 16GB USB on the front port for swap. Could I have mucked something up?

Check autobouquets and xml save locations, sounds as though your drive may be mounted as something else and hence these will default to the box grinding it to a halt eventually :-(

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 PM ----------

Flashed image but goes in to standby quite a lot. quite odd

I'm working on an updated version but it's failing testing at the moment due to being over the max file size... I don't want to strip out more than I have to though.

MTPockets, I can see the epg.dat file on the USB in the front socket (/media/usb) and I can see the swapfile of 512MB on there too. Thats all there is.

The HDD (/media/hdd) plugged into the rear USB has logs, movie, timeshift and xmbc folders. Nothing to indicate ABM is using either location for XML data. Where would it normally live in the filestructure on the flash? I searched for *.xml files and found quite a few but none that immediately jump out as ABM files

Back