Multi lnb 65cm dish UK

steptoe

VIP Member
OK, as the title,
My new dish and lnbs have arrived,
What satellites am I realistically likely to get,?
I originally intended to try for 19 23 and 28, is there a possibility I could get 13 ,? Or I am wasting my time,?
I live in NW UK , near Bury , Gtr Manchester, and tbh, all I'm interested in s bike racing ,
Some one else already said ( sorry I forget who) to forget about 13, but if it got the wife more 'stupid' channels, and it was possible with my set up , then why not,
But I'm just thinking its asking too much from a 65cm dish.

Thanks guys,
I didn't make my post very clear, this isn't a motorised dish, its fixed, is it still possible,?
If so, I'm assuming then that I point my dish at about 20degrees ?

I just bought a multi lnb bracket from fleabay £8.99.
Dish is still pointing at 28.2 but can pick up 13 and 19.2e with extra lnb's.

I just bought a multi lnb bracket from fleabay £8.99.
Dish is still pointing at 28.2 but can pick up 13 and 19.2e with extra lnb's.
That's really good to hear, :(y):
I suppose my best plan of attack then is to get my new dish up and try tune in either 19 or 23 then put my other lnbs to each side and try tune them in,
Did you have to tilt your bracket, or is it reasonable level,?

I'd say use 19.2 as your main focus point as that's the most central between 13 and 28.2 ... 19.2 has a really good signal so get the best possible signal on this with your main lnb at the end of the feed arm then add the other 3 for 13, 23.5 and 28.2 to the lnb bracket then adjust for best signal. Try and see if you can get 16e on there too - it has some good sports channels including the SportKlub ones.

MaxxOne M1-MLH-2 Holder Multi LNB Hotbird Astra Twin Bracket

upload_2017-6-15_12-57-49.png

I'm sure there is a correct way to fit it and then the way I did it!
I haven't moved the dish or existing LNB.
I just loosely fastened the left hand collar around the existing lnb and then wiggled and jiggled the LNB in the right hand bracket until I got a signal on my cheapo sat meter.
At about halfway along the bracket I picked up 13 and 19.2 is almost touching the original LNB.
I think it's a little higher than the 28.2 LNB.

I'm sure someone will be able to tell us the proper way to do it!

the best bracket is a triax multi block and i have one with bullet lnbs but too far from you. Do a google and u will find a link with an image showing the 4 sats you want. I am retired now but what I did do was turn the bracket uposide down and that gives a bit more elevation, the idea is 28east is higher and 13 is lower so bracket tilts, 28 is easy and the idea is you line dish on 19east and then once got that you move lnbs along bracket. you tube will have videos as well, and its worth it when you are sorted.

You can also purchase a satellite arm which fits certain satellite dishes If 19.2 East is the central alignment point The other lnb holders are set at the perfect angle for 28.2 East and 13 east

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

the best bracket is a triax multi block and i have one with bullet lnbs but too far from you. Do a google and u will find a link with an image showing the 4 sats you want. I am retired now but what I did do was turn the bracket uposide down and that gives a bit more elevation, the idea is 28east is higher and 13 is lower so bracket tilts, 28 is easy and the idea is you line dish on 19east and then once got that you move lnbs along bracket. you tube will have videos as well, and its worth it when you are sorted.
This is the bracket I got, along with the dish to match

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...chnomate-Triax-Multi-4-Way-LNB-Holder-bracket

you have the perfect bracket. If you go to dishpointer.com and put in your location, select multi lnb and that will tell you the elevation for the dish, then you start aligning. here is a pic to show you the correct layout. remember you wont get 100% on any sat as dish is offset but you will get 70 or more.

Attachments

• 4lnb.jpg
    4lnb.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 634
you have the perfect bracket. If you go to dishpointer.com and put in your location, select multi lnb and that will tell you the elevation for the dish, then you start aligning. here is a pic to show you the correct layout. remember you wont get 100% on any sat as dish is offset but you will get 70 or more.

thats perfect visual aid mate,
thanks,, :(y):
gives me a good idea of rough physical spacing,

arn't the lnb's in the photo set up completly the wrong way around in the photo for the uk?
As I understand it,
Its a mirror image, as they are slightly angled, the signal bounces out at the same angle on the opposite side.
As someone else on here said, think of hitting a snooker ball against a cushion,,,

Back