Multi-room (Manchester)

Makkie

Hello,

I am looking for someone to install VM cabling to a bedroom, I already have it installed in my living room. If anyone is aware of someone good, please PM me their details. I am based in Manchester, M20.

Thanks.

It's not a big job if you're not too bad at diy. All you need is good splitter, and some cable.

This is what I done mate. Phoned vm up and told them I need to relocate box upstairs due to family member coming out of hospital and not being able to use stairs,so having to change rooms round. When Engineer came out (foc)I told him it would be temporary upstairs and asked him to put a splitter in the brown box outside. Now I have a cable in the living room a one in bedroom

Thanks for that idea. What about multi-room option for VM? I could cancel it after a few days, just say I'm going abroad so don't need 2nd box? Think it only costs £7.50 extra (a month), so could keep it for 1-2 weeks then cancel. Anyone does?

How many rooms do you want cables going to?
I have one cable downstairs and one in bedroom. Didn't need to take out multiroom,they done it free of charge.
Just say You need box relocating to bedroom then when engineer comes tell him you will be moving it back downstairs in a few months so leave downstairs cable active. Just ask him to put a splitter in brown box out side and send a cable to the room you want

I'd go for the above option of blagging vm to do it for an ill family member.

if you want to do it yourself I could drop you some good quality cable off, I often work in Cheadle area,
I wouldnt have time to do it for about 3/4 weeks

Back