multi sat 1m dish

steptoe

VIP Member
does anyone have any sort of idea how far apart sats would need to be to get side by side LNBs on a 1m dish?
I have a 65cm dish and I've found it to be about 6degrees on that,
ie:19 and 13 are dead tight to each other on a 65cm

does anyone have any sort of idea how far apart sats would need to be to get side by side LNBs on a 1m dish?
I have a 65cm dish and I've found it to be about 6degrees on that,
ie:19 and 13 are dead tight to each other on a 65cm
It depends on the size of the lnb an ordinary lnb can only be used for sats 6 degrees apart, with a 1M dish you would get more of a wider signal so you should be able to get 23E as well, if you wanted 16E you would need at least 3 of the "Inverto MultiConnect lnbs" at 19E, 16E & 13E and another bracket, so that wouldn't be worth it.

It depends on the size of the lnb an ordinary lnb can only be used for sats 6 degrees apart, with a 1M dish you would get more of a wider signal so you should be able to get 23E as well, if you wanted 16E you would need at least 3 of the "Inverto MultiConnect lnbs" at 19E, 16E & 13E and another bracket, so that wouldn't be worth it.
thanks mike,
gonna need to do some research,
was thinking maybe get some dual sat LNBs and have them overlap, but I dont think that would work with 2 boxes and seperate diseqc switches, might chance it with 1 and see if I can cascade
ie, 1 normal quattro at 28
1 at 19/23
1 at 16/19
1 at 13/16
etc
my massive issue is having 28 available at all times,,,,,,, fkn pain in the arse, :mad:

You're going to a lot of expence and bother just to get an extra sat or 2, I think you would get 23.5E easily on the 1M dish with a spare lnb, (are you not going to motorize the 1M dish),
I've a motorized dish for about 20 years now and I hardly ever watch 23.5E or 16E, you won't get much there that you can't get on 19E or 13E,
the sat I would watch most is 19E, (at the minute I'm watching Sport 24 at 20W on my Freesat box),
you could temporarily set your 1M dish up with your sat box in the shed to get either 23.5E or 16E, & watch the channels for a while just to see if it's worth the bother.
In my opinion, If you can possibly do it, a seperate motorized dish just for your own use is the best option, then you can watch whatever you want on any Sat & get live sports feeds as well, with the right box.

You're going to a lot of expence and bother just to get an extra sat or 2, I think you would get 23.5E easily on the 1M dish with a spare lnb, (are you not going to motorize the 1M dish),
I've a motorized dish for about 20 years now and I hardly ever watch 23.5E or 16E, you won't get much there that you can't get on 19E or 13E,
the sat I would watch most is 19E, (at the minute I'm watching Sport 24 at 20W on my Freesat box),
you could temporarily set your 1M dish up with your sat box in the shed to get either 23.5E or 16E, & watch the channels for a while just to see if it's worth the bother.
In my opinion, If you can possibly do it, a seperate motorized dish just for your own use is the best option, then you can watch whatever you want on any Sat & get live sports feeds as well, with the right box.
I need to buy the wife something nice, :)
if I have chance this weekend I will drive a scaff pole into garden and see what I can get on the 1m,
I'd rather go motorised on it tbh, its the logical/financial answer , £40 for a motor Vs the other expense for extra LNBs etc
or, just wait til the wife is out for the day and get the big dish up, :cool:
ye, thinking about it, its not worth putting another £100 into and still not get all the sats, motorised is way to go, and leave 65cm for 28 and 19,
I also watch more 19 than anything else tbh

I need to buy the wife something nice, :)
if I have chance this weekend I will drive a scaff pole into garden and see what I can get on the 1m,
I'd rather go motorised on it tbh, its the logical/financial answer , £40 for a motor Vs the other expense for extra LNBs etc
or, just wait til the wife is out for the day and get the big dish up, :cool:
ye, thinking about it, its not worth putting another £100 into and still not get all the sats, motorised is way to go, and leave 65cm for 28 and 19,
I also watch more 19 than anything else tbh
I knew you would see sense in the end, you would just need to get sats from 39E to 30W, there is nothing worth watching anywhere else.

I knew you would see sense in the end, you would just need to get sats from 39E to 30W, there is nothing worth watching anywhere else.
I cant get past 30e , if I can even get that far E tbh,
28e is almost in line with my back wall,
being logical, its a quad LNB with one of those priority switches you linked to,
and get this dish up some weekend when the wife isnt here :grin:

That's a shame as 39e is a decent sat but still plenty on the others :)

I also think motorised is the way to go - take all the 28 feeds you need off the other dish then just have this to play about with :grin:

Just as an idea what kind of stuff can you see on 39E?

On my 39e fav list, I only add sports and i've got the following;

Diema Sport
Diema Sport 2
EuroSport
EuroSport 2
Nova Sport
Sport Plus
Arena Sport
Arena Sport 2
Arena Sport 3
Arena Sport 4
Arena Sport 5
Arena Sport BIH

Also the channels on 39e won't open with cccam . Oscam does open them. Also the 1 metre dish that I have got picks up 30w & 27.5 w with standard lnbs but they are in contact with each other so they can't be closer together if you want closer sats (less than 2.5 degrees) you would need special lnb that have a thin detector .Finally I can get 28e , 23.5 e and 19e all on the same 1.2m dish

Also Oscam seems to work much better than Cccam . I found that Cccam can freeze (you then need to restart the cam) at times when you are flicking between channels on different sats transponders etc but Oscam never seems to suffer from this problem!

I don't have an e2 receiver for my motorised dish and oscam isn't available for me but cccam works perfect on my receiver so i'm happy with that.

Does it open Bulcrypt encryption ? National Geo channel, Film plus, Filmbox ?

Checked these - National Geo works and Filmbox works - not sure which packages though as I had these channels on a couple of different tp's and cleared on one tp but not the other.

Back