Multi Sat/motorised dish set up questions

Malbrega

Good morning all,

we we currently have a ZGEMMA box running Wooshbuild for sly and a technomate TM-5500D with a motorised dish for Turkish Tv. I'd like to run both through the ZGEMMA, and have (quite) a few questions before I start attacking the boxes.

I understand I need a DISECQ which looks pretty simple to install feed from motorised dish, and 2nd feed from sly in one end and a cable connection to the ZGEMMA box at the other end - anything I'm missing here??

once this step is done I think I have to uninstall AutoBouquets E2 whst do I install instead? Is there a step by step guide on creating the new channel lists?

Are there sny any steps in missing? Feeling a little confused and nervous about messing with it right now.

I've used Wooshbuild for my motorised setup.... you'll need to remove Autobouquets e2 and either install autobouquestsmaker or vhannibal (or both but you'll need to mess with the autobouquets settings if you want both) also uninstall CrossEPG and instead install EPG-importer as you'll find there's more overseas sources and it works better!

If your motorised dish is a single lnb you won't need a diseqc switch (you put your sky dish in Tuner B and your motorised dish in Tuner A and if you need to watch one and record another both dishes will need to be on 28.2 or you can record from one satellite and watch from the other)

To configure your zgemma - press blue, choose tuner setup, then tuner configuration -
Set Tuner A as follows -
Config mode - Simple
Mode - positioner (selecting satellites)
Press ok to set satellites - deselect all apart from 0.8 degree west
Latitude / Longitude - use bing maps to find these (if your latitude is a negative value enter as a positive but choose west below) you can use the aerial maps option in bingto zoom right in to your exact position of the dish and right click to get exact lat/long
Don't bother with extra motor options you don't need them!
Press GREEN to save

Set tuner B for now as none (we will go back to re-enable it later)

Now from the Tuner setup menu move down to positioner setup - scroll down the menus and in the goto option enter 0.8 and change to west, then press yellow (goto x)
hopefully the dish will move and now show as locked...if not time to get out the spanners and slacken where your dish meets the motor and rotate till you get a high SNR and re-tighten when you get a good SNR (it's handy if you have an el-cheapo satmeter/tablet or laptop you can watch openwebif on to do this). This should be quite easy for you as your dish is already on the correct elevation.

Move up to tune and focus and press GREEN (autofocus) leave well alone for a good couple of minutes and let it do it's thing!

Now go to manual scan and check the satellite channels its pulling back are the ones for 0.8w (you can check on lyngsat) once you're happy and the scan has finished go back to Tuner config, go into tuner A and choose the option select satellites...get ticking and add all the sats you want (you can add more later if you wish) at this point I just chose 19.2 in order to double check dish & motor alignment but I might have been overdoing it!)

Use the satfinder screen to check you have signal on your chosen sats...

now go back to tuner setup and this time choose tuner B and again set as simple but this time choose single, select 28.2 and use diseq as none.

Next do an automatic scan....this will take ages (leave overnight or do something else for an hour or two!)

Your motor is now set to use USALS and will automatically change the dish position based on your chosen channel.

It is a tad confusing and there was a whole myriad of info....I'm not sure if I did it the correct or easiest way but it certainly worked for me.

Good luck...let us all know how you get on or if I just totally bamboozled you feel free to let me know!

---------- Post Merged at 09:01 PM ----------

just noticed that you hadn't specified what motor you're using...my assumption was a USALS motor....you may need to do via DISEQ if your motor doesn't support USALS

Last edited:
Wow thank you for this impressive guide!

I currently have two feeds for sly which is why i thought needed the DISECQ although thinking about it the motorised dish would also pick up sly so you're right no point having 3 potential feeds for the same satellite as could only ever watch one record one :)

Is there an easy way to determine what motor is driving the dish, without climbing a ladder and looking for any identification on the dish?? Would it be in the menu of the current box?

I'll so disconnect 2nd sly feed plug in the feed from the motorised dish and follow your instructions and cross my fingers.

Ok defeated already! Changed the cables as you bhighlighted and spent 10 minutes watching my dish not move. And then it dawned on me, our neighbours used to have some trees that interfered with the dish so we had a fixed dish set up on the front of the house :( the trees have since been cut down so I thought no problem just found nd the cable for the motorised dish and carry on. Well I found it and it's an RF cable rather than than a typical satalite cable - so stumped/defeated :/

EDIT::

Think I have two options

a) get a DISECQ and connect the static Turkish feed and second sly feed.

b) if it's possible, pay someone who knows what they're doing to change the cable to a standard satalite cable.

im leaning towards b as it means I can then look to take down some of the dishes we have on the house.

Last edited:
Can you just clear this up for me... can i use a turkish non motorised dish with the zgemma ? Are all the cables the same that come from the dish?

Can you just clear this up for me... can i use a turkish non motorised dish with the zgemma ? Are all the cables the same that come from the dish?

Yes you can, it's all the same, as long as the dish is big enough and set on the correct satellite you will get a signal.

Hello to all!

I have Zgemma h7s for a month.
I am satisfied, but from today i have a 'small' problem.
I have a motorised system and was trying to move antena with option move west and move east to find a better signal. After that i recorded it under the option 'Memory index'. After that i used options 'Goto' and 'Goto X'.
And here my problem starts, now i can watch only one satellite, 7e. my antena cant find neither one of all other satellites. Please help ! :)
Sorry for my bad english.

Hi
I need some help concerning a motorised set up and ABM. I am going to motorise a freinds flat selfsat dish on his balcony. A sort lof discrete set up. He has a zgemma h7. I intend to put his communal sly dish in tuner B and use Autobouqet 28E for that tuner and for tuner A im gonna use for the motorised set up. This is where i think i may have an issue with ABM. For eg ill start of by alinging the dish for 0.8w
Once ive done that ill abm 0.8w. Lets say for eg i set up focus tv. Digi tv and cmore. When i move the dish to lets say 4.8 E . If i run abm on 4.8e im gonna lose my bouquets from 0.8w . How do ii save what ive prevousley scaned with abm on 0.8w and so on. Or is this not possible. Because whatever sat i go to abm is only gonna recognise the networks on the sattellite that im on. And ut will delete the bouqets made from other sattelites. Can any one kindly tell me how i can save the bouqets made from the other satellites made with abm.
Thanks for any replies

I found abm will feck things up with my motorised and 28.2 as i will presume it can only work if pointing to that sat.
I use a channel dump from plugins feed for 28.2,13,19.2 qnd 23.5 even though i dont use it.

The plugins will add bouquets to your system. They will not affect what you can tune to or not. You don't pick what bouquets a tuner will use. You pick a channel, which ever bouquet it is in, the image will select a tuner that can support that service/channel.

ABM will only offer you providers that your tuners can support, unless on openatv.

If you are setting a motorised dish, you are better off getting a very recent chanenl list such as vhannibal, and use that to tune/focus your dish. Scanning while aligning the dish is not the easiest thing to do.

Yes agree, get yourself a recent channel list, you can even edit to your preference using programs like Dreambox edit or E-Channelizer, I don’t bother using ABM for multi sat.

Thank you all for your replies. My first question should have been how do you set up a motorised dish using wooshbuild on a zgemma h7. Ive set up motorised dishes years ago usi g the old technomate nob linux boxes back in the days of soft cams , diablo cams ect. Fast forward a decade or so and im baffled how to configure an enigma2 box. This is where im at so far.
Ive Set up the box ive scanned in a comunial dish for 28e on tuner b. On tuner A using my fixred multi lnb dish at home ive scanned in 23E,19,E,13E and used Autoboqets maker to create lists for the three sats mentioned. Ive also used Autoboqets 28E to create my 28E list.
Ive taken the box to my freinds to set up the motor. Ive manged to set up the motor using my meter with a( tv screen).
Now mind you im only using a selfsat50 hd2 flat dish ive manged to get thor at o.8w and can get a clear reception of sly news. So even though this sat may not bring in much channels due to the dish size. I think im on the right track. The aim is to be able to get 7e,9e,13,e,19,e,23e and 28e for recording 1 and watching another. I thi nk 4.8E and 16e may be a struggle and if possible ill try 30w.
My issue now is how to set up the usuals. Ive gone into the tunner configuration and notice there are 4 different ususls settings. And they dedicate lnb 65,67,68,69 or something like that to each different usuals settings.
I need a guide from here on. How do i set the configuration to move the dish.
By the way im using openatv 6.1 on the wooshbuild. I find 6.2 is to buggy and frezzes up both the cccam and oscam.
Any guides and help much appreciated

Ive aligned the dish ive bouqets already set in the channel list . The question is how to configure the tuner . i know how to input longitude and latitudes but where do i put this info. Using wooshbuild when i go to configure my tunner A for the motorised set up i find about 4 different usuals settings . Which one do i use. . Also the lnbs in these usual set up menus are pre set to lnb 64 or 65 or 66 or 67. This is where im confused. Im setting dish up in London and have alined the dish to 0.8w thor

Most people configure their tuner first so that the receiver drives the dish to the correct position. Doing it the way you have is likely going to cause issues

Menu > Setup > Service searching > Tuner configuration

Attached is a picture for tuner config for a positioner set up for USALS.

positioner.jpg

menu/
Ive aligned the dish ive bouqets already set in the channel list . The question is how to configure the tuner . i know how to input longitude and latitudes but where do i put this info. Using wooshbuild when i go to configure my tunner A for the motorised set up i find about 4 different usuals settings . Which one do i use. . Also the lnbs in these usual set up menus are pre set to lnb 64 or 65 or 66 or 67. This is where im confused. Im setting dish up in London and have alined the dish to 0.8w thor
pick,selecting satellites 1 (USALS),my lnb is set to 69,my LOF is universal LNB,then put long and lat in with either east or west.

menu/

pick,selecting satellites 1 (USALS),my lnb is set to 69,my LOF is universal LNB,then put long and lat in with either east or west.
Thanks for this guide once ive set this then what would be my next step. How would i set the satellites i want to move to and scan. And how do i move to them

Back