Multi satellites with zgemma H2S

lalineaman

TK Supporter
Good evening everyone!

I am new to the forum and new to Linux receivers, although not new satellite as I have had several Technomates in the past. I have just purchased a zgemma H2S and have 28.2E covered but I cannot find how to choose other satellites. I have an 80cm dish with motor which still works with my old TM receiver. I have a single feed so can only use one of the tuners. Is it possible to view several satellites on the one feed? If so, can someone help me and tell me how I go about setting it up, please?

Any help is much appreciated!

I am new to multi sat too but the key (on OpenATV) is:

Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> tuner configuration -> select your active tuner

Now I think for a motor you need Mod to be positioner or positioner (selecting sats)

I have been known to be wrong, but if you already have a motor you must have some idea of how it works. Mine is multi LNB so don't know any more than that.

Hi Wooshman, and thank you so much for the swift reply!

I forgot to add that my set-up is Vix image so I don't know how much it differs from yours, but I do appreaciate your help and I shall give it a go.

Thanks again!

yes, tuner config should be set to positioner. you will need to input your long & lat. you can find this on dishpointer website. when you scan for channels, use manual scan & select single satellite...choose the orbital location or satellite name & press ok to scan.

---------- Post Merged at 01:16 PM ----------

& of course, you will need a euro line

sorry to attach to this thread and hi-jacking but it may be kind of relevant....

I also have 28.2e up and running fine but also have a seperate dish for french/german at 19.2e (I think). Thats a single line feed, so if I plugged that into the h2s would I then have to lose one feed for sly 28.e - effectively meaning I cannot do the live recording and watching of 2 at once?

Thank you Louis for your response.

I must admit that I have wasted quite some time over the weekend trying different things!

Is there a limit to the number of channles that the H2s can store? Also, how do I save setting on it? I go through the different menus and alter settings but I cannot see and option to 'SAVE'. Is there such a thing? I do have a message which asks whether I want to leave without saving. If I say 'no' it returns to the settings. I f I answer 'YES', it exits without saving.

I thank you in advance of your replies and apologise for all the questions but I am new to ZGemma, and to Linus receivers.

Thank you dsayers2014.

It seems that I make one step of progress and THREE backwards! I know that the motor works fine because I can use my old TM receiver and it locks onto the channels beautifully!

Here are the problems that I am experiencing:

I follow the steps as per above advice and, although the receiver seems to move and it tunes some channels, it seems to see a handful only. Just eleven channels on Hotbird! As there are plenty of channels already saved to the receiver, I then go to RAI 1, for example, and althoggh the receiver finds it, it then freezes as if the dish has moved from the current position. If I then attempt to switch channels - to RAI 2 for example - it says 'TUNE Failed'. Is there a way to lock the satellite in position, once it has found it?

I

as david says, green to save. i scan the complete arc on occasion & pick up about 9000 channels (inc. radio) with a 1.1 metre dish

---------- Post Merged at 02:54 PM ----------

Are you sure you have your longitude & latitude input correctly? for negative values, you need to change the east to west or vice versa.

& your tuniger config should state usals, set tuner b to 2nd cable of motorised dish.

---------- Post Merged at 02:56 PM ----------

yep, that would be the case. you could watch 28.2 & record off 19.2 or vice versa

---------- Post Merged at 03:03 PM ----------

Thank you dsayers2014.

It seems that I make one step of progress and THREE backwards! I know that the motor works fine because I can use my old TM receiver and it locks onto the channels beautifully!

Here are the problems that I am experiencing:

I follow the steps as per above advice and, although the receiver seems to move and it tunes some channels, it seems to see a handful only. Just eleven channels on Hotbird! As there are plenty of channels already saved to the receiver, I then go to RAI 1, for example, and althoggh the receiver finds it, it then freezes as if the dish has moved from the current position. If I then attempt to switch channels - to RAI 2 for example - it says 'TUNE Failed'. Is there a way to lock the satellite in position, once it has found it?

I

And are you scanning single satellite, not predefined transponder?

Louis, thanks to you I have managed to sort out my problem with the tunings of the satellites. I have input the correct Longitude and Latitude settings and, most important of all, I have done a 'single' satellite scan for each of the satellites. Somehow, it made more sense to me to do a 'multi-satellite' scan, but I was obviously mistaken!

I am really grateful for your help with this!

sorry to attach to this thread and hi-jacking but it may be kind of relevant....

I also have 28.2e up and running fine but also have a seperate dish for french/german at 19.2e (I think). Thats a single line feed, so if I plugged that into the h2s would I then have to lose one feed for sly 28.e - effectively meaning I cannot do the live recording and watching of 2 at once?

To do this you would need a Diseqc. You plug both the 19.2 and the now spare 28.2 cables into it and run that back to the box. You then setup the tuners to reflect this. It works well as using both the 28.2 and 19.2 sats I can can receive 2500 channels and record any of them.

---------- Post Merged at 10:25 PM ----------

Louis, thanks to you I have managed to sort out my problem with the tunings of the satellites. I have input the correct Longitude and Latitude settings and, most important of all, I have done a 'single' satellite scan for each of the satellites. Somehow, it made more sense to me to do a 'multi-satellite' scan, but I was obviously mistaken!

I am really grateful for your help with this!

So are you all up and running now with a million channels?

So are you all up and running now with a million channels?

Ha ha! Not quite a million channels but enough to keep me going! It is odd that, despite the vast amount of channels that I do receive, there are still a few which do not appear and which I am specifically interested in. May I just confirm that to find those I shall have to do a specific transponder - whatever the term is on the receiver, as I am not infront of it - search in order to find them?

Cannot view because they are blank or don't show in the channel list?

I had a euro test line but had loads I couldn't view but the channel was in the list. I put it down to the line provider. I have called it a day for a little while but will look again soon and look for a decent euro provider.

Cannot view because they are blank or don't show in the channel list?

The channels do not appear on the list, as if the scan has not found them.

---------- Post Merged at 10:54 PM ----------

Sorry! Forgot to add that they are FTA channels!

Back