Multisat Motorised Bouquets for CS & FTA channels only

mtpockets

TK Veteran
I've been dabbling for a while now with a motorised setup and it's great, especially with so many channels in HD and with English audio - there's certainly much more than sky! I've got around the programme info being foreign by using the epg translator plugin.

The one area I'm still struggling with though is making some sort of sense out of the channel lists...

Ideally I'd only like to include channels that are either FTA or will open using CS (so any that won't open won't be included). I'd also like it ordered by satellite and then by channel type (eg sports, movies, general entertainment etc.) but for all (apart from the sport) to be for channels that carry English audio too.

At the moment I'm using satvenus 3 for the bouquets. Is there a plugin or am I just going to have to do this using e-channelizer?

Any help or suggestions gratefully appreciated ;)

I'm currently in the process of doing a motorised install although i'm not using an enigma 2 box but i'm very interested in this and will be watching this thread closely :)

abm maybe your best bet I use a custommix to swap sky hd channels with virgin. you maybe able to do similar but add them into empty slots in uk bouquets hers my custommix
Code:
https://github.com/davesayers2014/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml
so <insert target="106" source="109" provider="cable_uk_virgin" ></insert> <!-- sky one hd --> target is the channel number you want to get put it in the source is the official channel number and provider is the providers you want to obtain info can be found here
Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/README.txt

Last edited:
I have setup a couple of motorized dishes and what i have done is use Usals and create my own list using esettings+ which will allow you to add and remove the channels you like using,will be watching this thread for sure

Abm has a lot of providers so it should be straight forward
Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/tree/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

I see dsayers the coin has dropped!! I'll have to have a look into this. Thanks fella and I'll be sure to give you a shout when I get stuck :).

moshibeth - my set up is using usals too. e-settings plus is a similar tool to e-channelizer (imho the latter is quicker, easier and more powerful to use). If you find anything else though before I manage to follow dsayers instructions please let me know - there's no point in reinventing the wheel if someone has already done it!

With access to 92 cards, biss keys and stream relay it's amazing how much still won't clear! I've a 90cm dish and my biggest disappointment is not being able to get Nilesat, is it that my dish is incorrectly installed or do I need to go bigger (I'm in the northwest) any ideas?

I see dsayers the coin has dropped!! I'll have to have a look into this. Thanks fella and I'll be sure to give you a shout when I get stuck :).

moshibeth - my set up is using usals too. e-settings plus is a similar tool to e-channelizer (imho the latter is quicker, easier and more powerful to use). If you find anything else though before I manage to follow dsayers instructions please let me know - there's no point in reinventing the wheel if someone has already done it!

With access to 92 cards, biss keys and stream relay it's amazing how much still won't clear! I've a 90cm dish and my biggest disappointment is not being able to get Nilesat, is it that my dish is incorrectly installed or do I need to go bigger (I'm in the northwest) any ideas?

You will not be able to get Nilesat without a stupidly large dish. Here's a good site for checking beam strengths - http://www.satbeams.com/footprints

As you can see - the Nilesat beam isn't focused near the UK but i've read that you can get it in south uk on a 1.2m dish so I think you'd need a 1.5-2m dish in the NW to stand a chance.

I'm in the north-west too and I have a 1m dish ready to go up on wednesday :)

Back