1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

mut@nt HD51 and 2160p files?

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by joysleep1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    What about setting service app and see if they play via e2iplayer I think you can play local files from there.

I have a 4k box but no 4k TV so I can't test

hedges2016 likes this.
  2. joysleep1

joysleep1 Registered

Male
    O

OK ill try that when I get home

3. BeakyFord

BeakyFord TK Veteran

thats how I see it, need to change the player/codecs, possibly service app set to 5002 as this I know will play 2160 iptv content but I havnt really played around with these settings much to confirm

4. joysleep1

joysleep1 Registered

Male

Please explain what you mean. Is this a plug in I have to install.

5. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    E2iplayer or serviceapp?

E2iplayer
    plugins green to download plugins then extensions and choose e2iplayer reboot box then you can find e2iplayer in plugins.

Serviceapp
    Plugins green to download plugins then systemplugins and download serviceapp

Reboot box then menu, setup, system, serviceapp change player to serviceapp and green to save then box should reboot.

Serviceapp is in different locations for images so if not system try usage and gui.

6. joysleep1

joysleep1 Registered

Male

OK just figured out what you mean. I installed that and played the file through there and it was still choppy. I'm thinking the receiver isn't powerful enough

Ill
    Oh try this service app tomorrow but I'm not hopeful.
    Thanks

OK trued the service app thing. Tried playing the file using gstplayer and exteplayer3. Didn't make a difference

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2019
  7. joysleep1

joysleep1 Registered

Male
    I

Oh I tried the e2iplayer.. Didn't make a difference

8. XSONY_NGUX

XSONY_NGUX TK Veteran

{Cracking + Modding
    Unknown
    Have you got the 4K receiver video display settings on 4K mode?
    Try a 4K movie if you get a chance i also have a Mutant HD51 but no 4K TV would have tested but can't.
    Also if you are on OpenATV try OpenViX or the other way?

Edit: Also try using a 3.0 USB/External drive to play it (copy it there) as it should process the files faster?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  9. joysleep1

joysleep1 Registered

Male
    Yes the receiver was set to 2160p res. I downloaded avengers infinity war in ultra HD. It plays it fine most of the time. Some scenes are choppy. I tried playing the file on the internal hardrive and portable hardrive. It does not make a difference

10. formandvoid

formandvoid TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {self employed
    Mutant HD 51 wont play H264 2160p only h265.

11. joysleep1

joysleep1 Registered

Male
    Well i get picture so i do think the format is the problem. I am sure its h265 anyway. it works fine most of the time. But some scenes it struggles and starts to stutter until the scene is finished

12. hedges2016

hedges2016 TK Veteran

Male
    Connect the portable hard drive to the tv and see if it plays ok.
    It could be a problem with the actual video its self

13. joysleep1

joysleep1 Registered

Male

Yes i have done this. It plays perfectly then. SO its definitely a receiver problem. The file is fine

14. hedges2016

hedges2016 TK Veteran

Male
    Well then that's the best way to use it.
    As for buying a different box you could face the same problems so save your money and just use your tv.

15. joysleep1

joysleep1 Registered

Male

Hmm

Just find that more a hassle

16. XSONY_NGUX

XSONY_NGUX TK Veteran

{Cracking + Modding
    Unknown
    Three final things i can suggest:

Try a different HDMI
    Check your video settings are correct (try different options based on 2160p)
    Double check the codec of the 4k video is h.265 codec

17. BeakyFord

BeakyFord TK Veteran

Downloaded a 10gb file from his dropbox to an extenal hdd then using Windowstool MediaInfo I was able to open the mkv. I'v read that some systems can struggle to unpack mkv files & that android devices can download/install VLC player, MX player that can handle this format so is this a software issue with Enigma2 systems not having a player with the codecs required to play this format?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019