HD51 4K Mutant HD51 - Opinions please?

Hello,
I am currently looking into which satellite box to buy and along with other the Mutant HD51 has been recommended.
Looking at the Mutant website there seems to be a few options, so I wondered if anyone has any further information regarding this particular box.
Thank you in advance
Wayne

Loving my one. It's my first box and have only seen zgemma in action before this. It blow as the zgemma out of the water. I have only been able to get it working with Oscam which took a little work but other than that it's a great piece of kit. Some really good images released for it too

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Mine is still sat in the box, but I do hope to have it all set-up in the next month or two......
builders are taking forever :/
Looking forward to comparing it to my ET8500 & Ed OS Mini tho :amen: Great boxes - apart from the remote control for the Eddy that is!

Loving my one. It's my first box and have only seen zgemma in action before this. It blow as the zgemma out of the water. I have only been able to get it working with Oscam which took a little work but other than that it's a great piece of kit. Some really good images released for it too

I expect it to blow ZGemma as its double the price and is 4K compatible

What's required to get it working with Oscam?
Both my boxes (Eddy and Xtrend) are Mgcam I believe...... Bangord set mine up initially then Willo helped me out with a Flashbuild.....
I can see this Oscam set-up in due course is going to be so much fun?! :/

What's required to get it working with Oscam?
Both my boxes (Eddy and Xtrend) are Mgcam I believe...... Bangord set mine up initially then Willo helped me out with a Flashbuild.....
I can see this Oscam set-up in due course is going to be so much fun?! :/
Yes you will have fun, but loads of help on this forum ;-)
(I've got one)

Can someone please confirm that the Mutant HD51 will work with my existing Pansonic HD TV and then with 4K if I get one in the future, thanks?

I read a post earlier that stated that the Mutant HD51 box was 4K and the VU+ was only HD, so I just wanted to double check that it is compatible with all up to and including 4K.

So the TV is irrelevant then.
I haven't tested the 4k on it as I don't have a 4k TV or 4k content to play on it. Can't see why not though.

Hi Everyone. sorry, as I've been absent for a wee while :P
our extensions will be coming to an end soon and the 65" TV is being wall mounted next week.
This will be linked to the Mutant box.
I'll probably need to set up the Xtrend to the Snug room again, as this has been disconnected for approx. 3 months. soon to be 4 :/
Question is, do I just use a splitter to get Cable to both Satellite receivers?

since they day i've had it its never failed me ..as with most things in life you pay a bit more for a better brand/product.also you can load kodi on to it.

had mine about 6 months theyre quality, very fast and look the part on a black tv stand. used to have a zgemma h1 also good but its worth paying the xtra 100 quid

Hi Everyone. sorry, as I've been absent for a wee while :LOL:
our extensions will be coming to an end soon and the 65" TV is being wall mounted next week.
This will be linked to the Mutant box.
I'll probably need to set up the Xtrend to the Snug room again, as this has been disconnected for approx. 3 months. soon to be 4 :/
Question is, do I just use a splitter to get Cable to both Satellite receivers?
You can't split satellite cable

I'm experiencing major freezing, glitching and black screens.
Def a signal issue...
It's just knowing where to start :/
Cables (HD100) have all been checked for continuity and all good.
When VM came to install the router etc, they put something in the back of the router to reduce the signal.
However, I'm now running 2 TV's/Sat Boxes, so I changed the splitters over from a 2way to a 3way.
One for Xtrend and the other for the Mutant.
I was hoping the 3way Splitter would reduce the signal enough; therefore, I left out what VM put in the back of the router.
Think I may need to try the setup with the VM thingy in the back, as who knows - I may still be getting too much of a signal? What a headache! :/

Back