My Giga DVB-T2 Tuner - ZGemma Star 2s

Paul G

Hi,

I have a zGemma Star 2s running OpenATV6.0. I bought a Mygiga DVB-T2 USB tuner. i cant get the box to see the tuner and i installed the drivers. Any ideas?

Paul

what drivers have you installed,?
a quick google only shows windoze or android versions,
have you a link to the actual one you have, and the drivers.?

you have a windows and/or Android compatible device,
the following is an extract from Linux TV

not supported by mainstream kernels

in other words, unless you wish to compile your own driver, this wont work on an E2 box

EDIT : you wont have installed any drivers, you may have tried to, but as they arent compatible they wont have installed properly, if even at all

ok, what would be the best usb tuner to get that would work on the box?

a compatible one,
though, to be completely honest, its quite an old [and slow] box, it wouldnt be a lot more money to buy a newer faster box with the tuners you require.

a compatible one,
though, to be completely honest, its quite an old [and slow] box, it wouldnt be a lot more money to buy a newer faster box with the tuners you require.
ya but with this box i have 2 dvb-s tuners, and i need dvb-t2 to receive irish channels aswell. i like being able to record and watch another channel and i cant find a box to match what i want

when one fecks up a box with wrong stuff best thing to setup from scratch,new faster box i second that.

ya but with this box i have 2 dvb-s tuners, and i need dvb-t2 to receive irish channels aswell. i like being able to record and watch another channel and i cant find a box to match what i want
I have exactly that on my box, except I use the 3rd tuner for cable, its a DVB-C/T2 tuner
Formuler F1
90£

Well last again surprise surprise but Formuler F1 with cable tuner will be massively faster than the 2s. I have both and it's like chalk and cheese

I think the F1 has hit a niche,
most of the other less expensive boxes are twin cable, single sat,
whereas the F1 is twin sat and optional single cable/terrestrial, and at a really good price for the specs

Iptv runs on it as good as my Edision osmega which costs twice as much and far better than the 2s which just grinds to a halt. However no enigma 2 receiver will be as good as a dedicated iptv box but the e2 receivers are improving for iptv

Back